Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

parents of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parents of the year

it never ceases to amaze me how stupid, ignorant, and uncaring people are in the world we live in. WTF is wrong w/these people!!!??? :huh: i *guess* they could have done worse things to him.

http://www.wisn.com/news/14223467/detail.html

GLENDALE, Wis. -- A Glendale couple said they couldn't afford a baby sitter, so they strapped their 14-month-old son in his stroller at home while the couple went out, police alleged.

Rachel Anderson and her live-in boyfriend, Mitch Laputka, were ordered to stand trial Thursday on charges they neglected baby Gabriel so badly that his body was covered with diaper rash, his body temperature was 12 degrees below normal and he stopped breathing, requiring 21 minutes of CPR to revive him. Police said the couple admitted to leaving the boy home alone because they wanted to party.

The couple recently got jobs at Pizza Hut, police said Anderson told them, and the couple used the money for drinking parties. Police said Anderson told them that she often left Gabriel strapped in his stroller when the couple went out or to work, and that she changed Gabriel's diaper once per day. Police said Laputka told them that he didn't do diapers, that was Anderson's job.

Dennis Ogilvie is a neighbor of the couple and said he's saddened by the allegations. He has a daughter the same age as Gabriel.

"I knew they had a baby, but I never saw them with him," Ogilvie said.

Both parents pleaded not guilty Thursday, and they remain in custody in the Milwaukee County Jail on $5,000 bail each. They're due back in court in October to set a trial schedule.

The Bureau of Child Welfare is overseeing the boy's care but said privacy rules prevent them from commenting on children in its care, except to say that Gabriel is safe.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: parents of the year

They're real winners.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

This is awful. I can't even stomach reading this.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug

Some people should be sterilized. Poor child.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
          This is awful. I can't even stomach reading this.

Kelly
          Ditto.

Comment

I really hope they don't get the child back. Especially since they are pleading not guilty, that tells me they don't have any remorse. This is so sad.
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

That just breaks my heart.

Comment

body temp was 12 degrees below normal!

So incredibly sad.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug

Some people should be sterilized. Poor child.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I wonder how they got found out.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I can't post a response that doesn't include an obscene amount of profanity in it.

Life is so not fair.
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X