Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Purchasing a Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a Wii

The IL's are extremely generous (along w/extremely annoying), and have decided to buy the boys a Wii for Quinn's birthday. DH and I didn't realize that they were still in such high demand, but after 3 stores, and several websites, we're realizing it's going to take more work than we thought. Where did those of you who have them buy them? Did you get just the console, or a bundle? I'd really love to accomplish this before the IL's leave, b/c while they'll leave cash behind for it, if I buy it once they're gone, I have to pick up any overruns in cost ...

Re: Purchasing a Wii

Mich and I bought our Wii at Target. It wasn't difficult. Maybe we were lucky? No bundle, but we picked up WiiPlay at the same time because it included a controller. Only 10 bucks more than a controller alone.

Comment

When we were in Sam's club, there were several. I'd also try Gamestop, but spend some time calling before you go.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I got one at FYE in a mall when I saw it in. I have it hidden in the basement.......

I'd try the smaller stores. Calling does help save the run around. I think they sell out quickly but come in regularly.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We happened to be walking by a ToysRUs and saw a handwritten sign that said "Wiis in stock" on the door, so we went in.

We also just bought the console and the WiiPlay game (with extra controller).

I think I saw something about a program that would allow you to track availability of any particular item at Amazon. Speaking of which, if they're willing to spend more, it looks like you *can* get them new through amazon for $350.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I second the GameStop or I think their sister store is called EB Games if they don't have GameStops in KC. Our GameStop has Wii's in stock so maybe they all do.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
              The IL's are extremely generous (along w/extremely annoying
              :nothing:

Comment

costco.com generally has a Wii bundle there and available. Maybe you could order it using their credit card while they are in town? My kids keep me posted.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I got one this morning.

Last night when I stopped at Circut City the guy told me they only had them when they were in their Sunday circular. I checked their circular online today - and they had them (which means the damn things were sitting in their back room when I was there ... he could have at least said "come back tomorrow"). I called and they held one for me. $249, but then we got 2 extra controlers (one of each kind), and one game for each kid. DH & I ended up chipping in $144. FIL had just said to go ahead and order the more expensive bundle from amazon.com as I got off the phone w/Circuit City. Oh well. We were going to take them to the Indians/Royals game today, so we would have spent at least that much anyway.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Now if anyone knows a great place to get used games, I'm all ears. Also, does anyone have experience with that game renting site?? Suggestions??

Comment

Working...
                  X