Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is facebook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is facebook?

OK...so I know I'm behind the times, but...

I've been getting these facebook requests lately.

First, I tried signing up and they rejected my name because it apparently isn't a real last name? :huh: So...I signed up with a variation of my name that they would accept. Then I log on and all I see really is a pic of that person. I am clearly doing something wrong.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: What is facebook?

I'm not on Facebook, but its a networking site like MySpace though I thought it was used more by high school and college kids.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

The college kids use it in a similar way that we use this site!! Caroline said she & her boyfriend only communicate with friends they already know.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I am on facebook and am no longer in college. It's the easiest way for my friends and I to stay in touch. Plus you can put tons of pictures up there and restrict who can see what...It's a lot of fun!
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I'm on too, add me as a friend, Kris.

Comment

You can't see someone's profile on Facebook unless you've both confirmed the friendship.

Facebook seems a little more mature to me than MySpace...I have both.

I saw you on Facebook (it found you when I allowed it to search my address book)...and since you didn't have a picture up I figured you didn't use it, so I didn't try to add you. I also noticed that your last name was different (I figured I just didn't know it. )
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Sally sent me a facebook thing and so I tried signing up a ton of times with my real name, but it won't approve it. :huh: They gave me the option of contacting customer service over it but I guess I didn't want to be bothered...and so I tried a variation of my name to see if it would work. Now I want my real name. I wonder if they would help me change it...

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                Sally sent me a facebook thing and so I tried signing up a ton of times with my real name, but it won't approve it. :huh: They gave me the option of contacting customer service over it but I guess I didn't want to be bothered...and so I tried a variation of my name to see if it would work. Now I want my real name. I wonder if they would help me change it...

kris
                I got one too. It never occurred to me to see if she really is on facebook or if it was some bot-type thing. I actually sent her an email reply, and never heard back.

Comment

I really asked anyone who was in my email address book.

I joined because my half-brother is in the Army in S. Korea and doesn't keep in touch with ANYONE. However, he updates his facebook page. So, I joined to spy on him, basically. (Older sister privilege.) Then I felt like that was a pathetic reason, so I decided to see if I could find any other friends out there. I am VERY surprised that I am not the very last to know about this, as behind as I am on most things!

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

You know all the gangsta music teachers are on facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
                      So, I joined to spy on him, basically. (Older sister privilege.) Then I felt like that was a pathetic reason, so I decided to see if I could find any other friends out there. I am VERY surprised that I am not the very last to know about this, as behind as I am on most things!

Sally
                      see, and I was thinking it would be a good way to spy on your students!

Comment

Actually, I am kind of afraid that my students will end up spying on ME!
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                        X