Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

DH left his beeper at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH left his beeper at home

And it's been ringing since 6:41 am, when I found it on the kitchen counter. I called right away, asking if he wants me to bring it to him but still got no reply (it's 12:30 right now). I felt bad that people can't get in touch with him, so I've been texting him every time someone pages him. Every time I managed to fall back asleep the damn thing would start beeping . Can I just throw it out the window next time? It's really tempting.

Re: DH left his beeper at home

I'm guilty of throwing it out of the window. Granted, it was to DH who was standing below. But it felt good to chuck it nonetheless!
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Does he have replacement pagers at the hospital? If DH leaves his at home he can get a fill in and they just patch it through and then I just turn his off - it is annoying!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I can't tell you the number of times I've brought pagers, books, parts of uniforms, etc. to the hospital. I feel your pain.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
          I can't tell you the number of times I've brought pagers, books, parts of uniforms, etc. to the hospital. I feel your pain.

Jenn
          ditto

Depending on how late he has to work today maybe you can just swing by and have him paged on the overhead system....

not...that i've had to do that or anything....
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by samssugarmomma
            I'm guilty of throwing it out of the window. Granted, it was to DH who was standing below. But it felt good to chuck it nonetheless!
            that would be cathartic.

we don't have a pager anymore.

Comment

Oh, I have a "forgot his pager" story (actually, I have a couple, but just one for now...):

A couple of months ago, DH forgot his pager and called me at 5:40AM, kind of in a panic (yep...the thing HAD been going off, but I had been in the shower/drying my hair and didn't hear it). He needed me to bring it to him.

So I ran upstairs and asked my neighbor (who is up at that hour...) if wouldn't mind staying with (the sleeping) DS for ten minutes. Then I threw on yoga pants and a tank (SO GROSS) and sprinted to the hospital.

When I got there, I ran into one of DH's co-resident compadres right away. He took one quizzical look at me and asked, "What's up?"

I said, "Know where my better-half is? He left his pager at home. Got it here to give him."

His response (I SWEAR): "Hang on. Let me page him."

(To be clear, DH was NOT carrying the second--the group's "consult"--pager.)

Seriously. You're a NEUROSURGEON. Did you just say that?

He paused, reflected, then concluded, "Oh, wait. Maybe that won't work."

Uh huh.

Comment

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I actually did something similar once. My mom and I switched cars for some reason and I went to work first. She called me frantic b/c my car wouldn't start for her. I said "bring it up here and I'll start it for you." :P

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                  Oh, I have a "forgot his pager" story (actually, I have a couple, but just one for now...):

A couple of months ago, DH forgot his pager and called me at 5:40AM, kind of in a panic (yep...the thing HAD been going off, but I had been in the shower/drying my hair and didn't hear it). He needed me to bring it to him.

So I ran upstairs and asked my neighbor (who is up at that hour...) if wouldn't mind staying with (the sleeping) DS for ten minutes. Then I threw on yoga pants and a tank (SO GROSS) and sprinted to the hospital.

When I got there, I ran into one of DH's co-resident compadres right away. He took one quizzical look at me and asked, "What's up?"

I said, "Know where my better-half is? He left his pager at home. Got it here to give him."

His response (I SWEAR): "Hang on. Let me page him."

(To be clear, DH was NOT carrying the second--the group's "consult"--pager.)

Seriously. You're a NEUROSURGEON. Did you just say that?

He paused, reflected, then concluded, "Oh, wait. Maybe that won't work."

Uh huh.

Comment

Great stories. When he came home later today he actually said that I could have turned it off and that he didn't get any of my messages because he leaves his cell in the locker. Why did I stay up and bother to text in the first place? He couldn't have told me that earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn

Jenn
                      Double Ditto
                      Needs

Comment

Working...
                      X