Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: customer service

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
    Charlene - Did you sign anything when you checked in the 2nd time? Or did they bill your credit card from your previous stay? You could nail them on that. Otherwise, keep going up the ladder. Don't let someone tell you there isn't anyone else to speak to. That's BS. I don't suppose you got any names??
    I didn't give them a credit card nor did I sign anything. They just took it upon themselves to use the card from my last room. I did get names but it's proving to be worthless so far.
    Pretty darn sure that's a big ol' no-no. I've you'd already checked out once (which you should have verification for), and this extra night is an extra line-item on your statement, then they charged you w/o authorization. The logic that they could just use the same credit card w/o your approval is absurd. Should they be able to assume they can use the same card next year? The simple fact that you didn't sign anything the 2nd time shows they were comping the room due to their error. If Disney doesn't respond to that, then contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Disney will have to show where you signed for it - and they won't be able to.

And I don't buy the "there is no one else for you to talk to." If there are people there, then there has to be someone in charge. You can continue to talk that person's ear off until they either move you up the food chain, or fix the issue.

Comment

Yep, unfortunatly being the pestering pain in the ass customer seems to be the only way to get anywhere!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I wonder if there's anyone out there who hasn't had a problem dealing with customer service. It seems that everyone runs into some kind of problem every single time. How's that customer service?

I tried to buy a GPS for FIL's birthday but the website wouldn't process it because I don't have a landline and my email ends with .com. What kind of bull**** is that? I've never heard that before. After spending over 30 minutes on the phone with them, I just canceled the order and went with another website. I still don't get why my $300 wasn't good enough.

Comment

I can't help myself since this is such a recent interaction with "Customer Service"

On my recent business trip to Houston I was originally scheduled to arrive on Wednesday but had to move it to Thursday. I used Hotels.com (first time in 2 years) to make a hotel reservation. When I called to change the date (3 weeks prior to departure) I was assured that it would all be done with no charge and that I should get an update email. So two days before departure I call the hotel directly to check on my arrival information and they have me coming in on Wednesday still. I call Hotels.com to find out the mysterious someone didn't submit the request. So I politely ask that they do it. They say "yes ma'am, we will take care of that today...no problem you should receive confirmation email." I stress to them that they have to change it because hotels will cancel if you are a no-show.

Of course no email but I am busy packing etc. I call the hotel when I land to get an early check-in and I hear Hi Danielle, we have you as a no-show last night so we cancelled your reservation and nothing available. Mind you, I am there for a conference and every hotel is booked. I have a slight freak out and call hotels.com who tells me "oh...sorry." So I convince the hotel to squeeze me in and I will pay them upfront. I try to cancel with hotels.com and they give me grief until I finally start yelling which at that point they cancel my payment. I ask for reimbursement for the $600 for the hotel and they tell me it will take at least a month to process. So now I have two hotel payments on my credit card!

When I got back and tried to confirm that reservation was cancelled & the reimbursement was being processed I was told "Just go and check the website" WTH!!! I hate Customer Service :banghead:
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Charlene- if Disney charged your credit card for the last night without your permission...I would say that's credit card fraud. Put me on the jury!

When I have frustrating cs situations, I tell the rep that my next call will be to the attorney general for whatever city the business is in. That usually gets me transferred to someone who will help. I have never actually called the AG, and I don't even know if that would help, but it sounds scary and it usually works. You could try it...

Comment

On the Disney deal I would dispute the charge through your credit card. They'll remove it and dispute it with Disney, Disney is more likely to back down to a big bad CC company then little you.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have a new phone!

And I didn't have to call anyone for bail money.

The phones in the store were thoroughly tested.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                  I have a new phone!

:> Good for you & way to go girls!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                    I have a new phone!

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Did you really not authorize anything? You getting give them your card for the purpose of securing the room? Making unauthorized charges to a credit card is a CRIME.

IMMEDIATELY call your credit card company, open a billing dispute, and contact the Better Business Bureau in Orlando. Contact the hotel. SPEAK WITH A MANAGER. Tell him in a short, precise way what happened. Advise the hotel that the charges were unauthorized (YOU NEVER SIGNED OR OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED), that you are getting the complete run-around and that you've had ENOUGH. Advise them that you are are disputing the charges with your credit card company, will be contacting Disney Corporate's legal department and are retaining an attorney, and reporting the activity to the State Attorney General's Office for investigation.

What a load of shit. Don't let them give you any crap about "Well, your signed hotel bill indicates that you authorized us to add on any additional charges that were incurred after you checked out." Those provisions are for costs incurred WHILE YOU STAYED there, before you checked out. Not new costs incurred after check out.

Comment

I knew I knew what I was talking about! Abigail just gave you bigger words.

Comment

I'm home with my new camera! I upgraded . The store actually returned my camera outright - so since they didn't require me to get the same camera, I didn't! I got the Canon PowerShot S5 IS. I'm excited to play this weekend in Chicago!

Comment

Good for you! That's probably a smart choice anyhow since you had issues with the previous model.
                            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                              I'm home with my new camera! I upgraded . The store actually returned my camera outright - so since they didn't require me to get the same camera, I didn't! I got the Canon PowerShot S5 IS. I'm excited to play this weekend in Chicago!
                              Nice!

I have a bad Hewlett packard story, but the email correspondance alone takes up nine printed pages. It took a year and a threat to sue to get a faulty printer replaced, and the refurbished one they replaced it with had the same problem as well as being cosmetically damaged and sent to us without three kind of critical pieces!! After over a year dealing with the issue I was too overwhelmed to continue. I did have a great conversation with a woman in India though. She warmed up to me and toward the end the hilarity of the case made most customer service reps actually quite sympathetic and kind. The company still sucks though.

Comment

Oh, I hate, hate customer service! It's always been an nightmare. I let dh handle it from now on as I get nowhere and he seems to keep at it until it's resolved. We had a horrible experience with Time Warner - in short they let us order an add on service that dh wanted then billed us for it, then it wouldn't turn on and then they said the service didn't exist but were still billing us. After many hours and multiple calls Dh got them to take the charges off our bill.

We also had a hell of a time trying to get our phone rebates from LetsTalk.com. I followed all the rules to a t and still got a letter six weeks later saying that I didn't mail in the box id labels (which I did) so we didn't qualify for the $200 back. DH called and worked on them for ages and eventually they processed the rebates.

The fact that some companies deny all refunds/rebates as a policy is soooo dirty They know most people will give up after hitting about 15 brick walls known as customer service. Shady crooked bastards!
                                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                                X