Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: customer service

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
    Did you really not authorize anything? You getting give them your card for the purpose of securing the room? Making unauthorized charges to a credit card is a CRIME.

IMMEDIATELY call your credit card company, open a billing dispute, and contact the Better Business Bureau in Orlando. Contact the hotel. SPEAK WITH A MANAGER. Tell him in a short, precise way what happened. Advise the hotel that the charges were unauthorized (YOU NEVER SIGNED OR OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED), that you are getting the complete run-around and that you've had ENOUGH. Advise them that you are are disputing the charges with your credit card company, will be contacting Disney Corporate's legal department and are retaining an attorney, and reporting the activity to the State Attorney General's Office for investigation.

What a load of shit. Don't let them give you any crap about "Well, your signed hotel bill indicates that you authorized us to add on any additional charges that were incurred after you checked out." Those provisions are for costs incurred WHILE YOU STAYED there, before you checked out. Not new costs incurred after check out.
    WHat she said. Seriously- when we have been wrongly charged by the credit card company, we have been very happy with how quickly the charge is credited to us, and then the vendor has to prove to the credit card company by our signatures that the charge was correct. The last card we did this with, was ironically, the Disney Visa... And it worked like *magic*. Good luck with that all. It really does suck.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
      Did you really not authorize anything? You getting give them your card for the purpose of securing the room? Making unauthorized charges to a credit card is a CRIME.

IMMEDIATELY call your credit card company, open a billing dispute, and contact the Better Business Bureau in Orlando. Contact the hotel. SPEAK WITH A MANAGER. Tell him in a short, precise way what happened. Advise the hotel that the charges were unauthorized (YOU NEVER SIGNED OR OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED), that you are getting the complete run-around and that you've had ENOUGH. Advise them that you are are disputing the charges with your credit card company, will be contacting Disney Corporate's legal department and are retaining an attorney, and reporting the activity to the State Attorney General's Office for investigation.

What a load of shit. Don't let them give you any crap about "Well, your signed hotel bill indicates that you authorized us to add on any additional charges that were incurred after you checked out." Those provisions are for costs incurred WHILE YOU STAYED there, before you checked out. Not new costs incurred after check out.
      WHat she said. Seriously- when we have been wrongly charged by the credit card company, we have been very happy with how quickly the charge is credited to us, and then the vendor has to prove to the credit card company by our signatures that the charge was correct. The last card we did this with, was ironically, the Disney Visa... And it worked like *magic*. Good luck with that all. It really does suck.
      It just so turns out that my Disney charges ARE on my Disney Visa, so hopefully I'll have an easy time with my dispute. I called Visa yesterday and requested the claim forms so at least that ball is rolling. I also got back on the phone today and demanded to speak to the front desk manager. He promised to look into my situation and call me back by next week. I also lit a fire under my travel agents ass by telling her if I don't get this issue resolved by next week I am cancelling my already booked trip with her. So she's been more attentive than usual. Big surprise

I actually cursed out Disney Shopping today because they finally credited back the crap I sent back last month (after MANY phone calls), but gave me an "online shopping card" instead of refunding my credit card! I was told they were going to credit my card now, but I'll believe it when I see it!

This thread has inspired my inner bitch to come out!
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
        Originally posted by peggyfromwastate

It just so turns out that my Disney charges ARE on my Disney Visa, so hopefully I'll have an easy time with my dispute. I called Visa yesterday and requested the claim forms so at least that ball is rolling. I also got back on the phone today and demanded to speak to the front desk manager. He promised to look into my situation and call me back by next week. I also lit a fire under my travel agents ass by telling her if I don't get this issue resolved by next week I am cancelling my already booked trip with her. So she's been more attentive than usual. Big surprise

I actually cursed out Disney Shopping today because they finally credited back the crap I sent back last month (after MANY phone calls), but gave me an "online shopping card" instead of refunding my credit card! I was told they were going to credit my card now, but I'll believe it when I see it!

This thread has inspired my inner bitch to come out!
        Whatever you do, don't curse or be abusive when you're dealing with the hotel bill. (And believe me, it is totally the pot calling the kettle black in giving that warning!--I am always tempted to lose it!!). I am sure that Disney has--as most companies do--policies for dealing with customer escalations. They will shut down and not deal with you. Plus, your call will be recorded. No matter how justified you are in being angry, you will sound like an out of control idiot, which means they will not have to take you seriously.

Firm, professional, and armed with options for pursuing your rights...personally, I think that is the best approach.

Comment

Working...
        X