Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gold Star, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Star, Please

I've reached a new level of devotion (or is that dependency?) to this site. I'm posting in my car on I-35 in Iowa, on the way to Chicago. (Not to worry, dh is driving .... THAT would just be dangerous). I tried once before to post in the car just outside of Columbus w/dh's blackberry - but I don't think that one worked. Now we've got dh's laptop (he's technically "working" today), and his broadband card.

Re: Gold Star, Please

Uh, oh!

It's a good thing you don't have your own Blackberry.

Comment

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Woo hoo! Go you! Are you taking I-35 to 90? You're going to go right past me!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I-35 to 80. We've hit 80 now ... just past Des Moines. We left about 2 hours later than I wanted to. DH couldn't find his power converter so we'd be able to charge the laptop in the car and was obsessively searching for it. He found it as we were leaving our subdivision ... it was under the passenger seat in the car.

Comment

Well bummer - have a fun trip!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I was thinking....now, I know those are straight roads and all but typing?

Gold star granted.

Have a safe drive and fun trip!

slut

Comment

You're driving right by my alma mater - and by the World's Largest Truck stop where, fyi, they can't fix your car should it die... you will have to have it towed to the Quad Cities.

Have fun!!

Comment

Have fun!
                  Needs

Comment

Now that's dedication. I'd be puking my guts out.

Motion sickness.

Cupcake are we allowed to send subliminal messages?!

Comment

Originally posted by Liz2254
                      You're driving right by my alma mater - and by the World's Largest Truck stop where, fyi, they can't fix your car should it die... you will have to have it towed to the Quad Cities.

Have fun!!
                      Check! We passed the World's Largest Truck Stop. It looked pretty darn big.

We're about an hour away ... soon we'll see what fun the rush hour Gods have in store for us. Hopefully we'll get there in time to see the 1st pitch! Goooooo TRIBE!

Comment

You know 80 goes straight through PA.

Comment

Have fun!

I did this last year going to New York and then to Orlando. I think I was talking to Luanne about passing right by her place.
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

I love my broadband card. I let DH drive and I surf the Net. I told him it is a business expense. You never know when I may need to research something for a patient between the house and the office!!!!! The Blackberry keys are just too damn small for my old eyes, especially when riding in a car.
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We're on our way home. Quinn got sick our first night there (fever, thankfully no vomiting --- knock on wood for me please). This morning his fever was 102.1. So DH is driving and I'm sitting in the way back with Quinn. Our hosts were quite sweet about the fact that we'd brought the plague to their home ...

Wish us luck.

If I'm stuck back here the whole time I'm going to go out of my mind with boredom, so PM's and emails will be welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X