Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Creative Halloween Costumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Halloween Costumes

DH and I were invited to a costumed pre-Halloween party (it's this weekend). I haven't dressed up since college and am totally out of touch with the whole notion. I remember Stella has several great ideas last year. I'm interested in something creative and unusual without too much work (I don't sew and won't be making anything from scratch). Thanks.

Re: Creative Halloween Costumes

Yay! Halloween! My favorite holiday!

This year SO and I are going as Sam Adams and St. Pauli Girl. Here are the exact costumes we got!

http://www.brandsonsale.com/ca-008569.html
    http://www.costumesinc.com/p9063/Beer-G ... ories.html

We also thought about Fred & Wilma, Hanzel and Gretel, King/Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter, football player and cheerleader (roles reversed), monk and pregnant nun, milk man and pregnant housewife (probably going to do this next year), magician and assistant, Adam and Eve, Superman and Wonder Woman, Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, couple from Pulp Fiction, Popeye and Olive Oil, aaaaand Robin Hood and Lady Marion.

That should give you a couple (pun intended ) ideas. Good luck!

(For the record, YES, I make a big deal about Halloween and obsess about our costumes for weeks. SO amazingly thinks this is endearing. )

Comment

I love Halloween too!

I'm going as a butterfly, and my SO is going as a dorky bug collector. That's pretty simple, and we don't have to buy actual costumes, just accessories.

I'm wearing all black (I'm not sure how demure I will be...) with big butterfly wings and my SO is wearing khaki shorts, a flannel shirt, socks pulled up high, thick glasses (with tape in the middle holding them together), a net, a few jars hanging from his belt, and maybe a couple moths and butterflies sticking to his hair and on his back.

I think all of Stella's ideas are great!

Comment

We once went as a brick (DW- it was NOT a sexy costume) and a brick-layer. It was quite funny though...

Comment

I am going to be a Playboy bunny, and DH is going to be Hugh Heffner. We ordered our costumes right off of the Playboy website.
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

We went as Thing 1 and Thing 2 last year (comfy!), we've also gone as a pregnant nun and a priest, Dorothy and the Scarecrow and Antony and Cleopatra but we're not dressing up this year.

Have fun!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Dh and I are going as Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton, complete with blue dress, beret, kneepads, suit, and cigars. What can I say, the party is at a college bar, taste is optional.

Comment

lol...knee pads! Perfect touch.

Comment

Thanks for all the great ideas. This party will have some kids, so I don't think a Playboy bunny will be very appropriate, although I think that's my favorite. Would kids even know who Monica is?

I was also thinking of wearing scrubs and dressing DH as a housewife (curlers and all).

Comment

DH and I once dressep up as pigs in a blanket. We both wore pig snouts ( I bought at a party supply store) and wrapped ourselves in blankets. Hey - this party was last minute....I only had about 10 hrs to prepare. :huh:
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                      I was also thinking of wearing scrubs and dressing DH as a housewife (curlers and all).
                      That's cute... dress him in a mumu and give him huge knockers, and put green colored cold cream on his face to look like he's giving himself a facial.

Comment

Dh and I are wearing black t-shirts with the word "muggle" on them. Yeah, we're awesome.

Most Halloween costumes for women are clearly not made for someone with my physique. I mean, c'mon -sexy nurse, sexy Dorothy, sexy pirate. Most of the costumes for men are designed to make them look like asses. Like they need help in that department.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

DH wasn't crazy about being the housewife, but I'm still working on that. I think the easiest thing at this point would be to go as McDreamy and Grey. I also wanted to do Big and Carry but not sure how to get the point across with Big (Carry is easy).

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                            Thanks for all the great ideas. This party will have some kids, so I don't think a Playboy bunny will be very appropriate, although I think that's my favorite. Would kids even know who Monica is?

don't forget the box of bon bons
                            Hey you can model him after Annie's previous avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                              Hey you can model him after Annie's previous avatar!

I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe slip a flask in the pocket of his housecoat.

Comment

Working...
                              X