Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Your Secret Compulsion - what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Secret Compulsion - what is it?

Fine. I chew the inside of my lip. Previously, only dh and my dentist knew. It isn't a secret anymore.

Re: Your Secret Compulsion - what is it?

I pick my cuticles as a response to stress. Not too secret, since anyone who looks at my hands can tell.

Whenever I go into a crafty store (like Michael's) I become convinced that I can accomplish all manner of crafts, even though in real life I am the least crafty person I know. It takes every ounce of self-control I have to not fill my cart with all sorts of cross-stitch and yarn and fabric and........

My most secret compulsion is that if I run across the Lawrence Welk show on tv, I *have* to watch it. I don't know what that is about. Only DH knew that one, until now.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I shop. I like shoes. Any kind of shoes. Silver peep toe pumps. Cheap Target flip flops. Doesn't matter. I must have them. I have 4 pairs of work out tennis shoes. I also buy baby clothes. And clothes for the girls. And shoes for the girls. Once again, any kind of shoes. My oldest has silver, pink and red cowboy boots from Nordies. The younger girl has lime green clogs that I had to buy for her when I saw them on sale at Nordies.

My name is Veronica and I'm a shopaholic. At least most are bargains.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
        Whenever I go into a crafty store (like Michael's) I become convinced that I can accomplish all manner of crafts, even though in real life I am the least crafty person I know. It takes every ounce of self-control I have to not fill my cart with all sorts of cross-stitch and yarn and fabric and........

This is totally me as well except I have lacked your self control! DH makes fun of all the projects I have started that are just sitting in my closet.

Examples:

-DD's baby scrapbook (3 pages down!)
        -1/4 a crocheted scarf from 3 years ago
        -tote bags for DD's grandmas I was going to decorate with her pics and give it to them for Christmas last year
        - a cross stitching project for my friend...was going to be a wedding gift (they got married almost 2 years ago)
        -yarn for a baby blanket for my nephew (he's 2.5 now)
        -sewing patterns and fabric

I think I'll stop now, this is depressing me!

I'm also have this thing where I get really freaked out when I'm alone at night. I compulsively check all the locks a million times, look out the windows and scan the perimeter for crazies. Fortunately, the only crazy ever around is me!

Comment

Originally posted by planet
          Fine. I chew the inside of my lip. Previously, only dh and my dentist knew. It isn't a secret anymore.
          Me too!

I also join gyms, go religiously for one month and then never return again.

Comment

I am addicted to America's Next Top Model and The Dallas Cowby Cheerleader's reality show on CMT. I will literally drop everything to sit upstairs and watch these shows. I've been known to drag our little tv up into the kitchen to watch while I prepare food and while we eat if it is a Top Model Marathon.

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I subscribe to nearly every magazine I find. I think I get at least 10 magazines or more a month.

but yet...I can't finish a book to save my life. 90% of the time I read the last chapter because by chapter 3 I'm bored.

Jenn

Comment

So Tara...have you noticed Natalie Wood on there lately? I don't think she got cut :huh:
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Mine is that I must watch any and every show that has anything to do with Gordon Ramsay.

Comment

Originally posted by planet
                    I totally do that! I don't even realize I'm doing it half the time. Ahhh, I'm doing it right now.

Comment

I eat something and then I become obsessed with recreating the recipe. Right now I am on homemade pumpkin ravioli a la Wolfgang Puck. My first attempt was a disaster. I had to go to 12 stores to find all the things I needed - a ravioli maker, semolina flour. I am not adept at using the pasta machine (hand cranked), and the raviolis stuck to the tray I was using, and I think my filling was a little to runny for a good seal. I'll try again later this week.

I eat too much of everything. I have my band now, and it helps me, but I eat too much of everything (swedish fish I got at the fair yesterday, deep fried mushrooms, flourless chocolate cake, crab legs with clarified butter, etc., and on and on and on). I cannot be trusted around food.

I watch entirely too much t.v. So much so, that I can't even mention how much for fear of how much it really is. It's a lot. A LOT. No commercials though. I have Tivo for that little problem.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                        18 of you have looked at this. I KNOW you have something to share! Come on!
                        My secret compulsion is to read other people's semi-revealing personal posts soliciting a response, then failed to respond, sending the message that I am fascinated by other people's weaknesses but without any myself.

Comment

My post disappeared!

I get compulsive about researching something before buying. Too much information on the internet. Drives DH crazy. Big or small, I do it. I watched the real estate listings for a few months from the time we put an offer in.

Comment

One of the first conversations DH and I had was about this...

He has to have the volume of the TV, stereo, etc. on an even number or 5... and his eardrumbs will pay for it if 17 is perfect because he'll turn it to 18. He also is a bit unsettled with unnumbered volume controls.

But before I can make too much fun of him....

I require plain white paper towels and paper products - no patterns allowed. And we just started traveling with our own toilet paper - Charmin with lotion - because we're addicted. And I will live in borderline ick but will not let anyone come over until all is perfect - right in the middle of a cleaning frenzy because my sister is comingfor the weekend. I'm sure this charade will be over eventually.

I also cannot be trusted around food of any kind. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz2254

I also cannot be trusted around food of any kind. Sigh.
                              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Working...
                              X