Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My 15 Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 15 Minutes

So...

I get another 15 minutes of fame tomorrow.

Not quite sure how I feel about it since my first 15 minutes was bad enough. (those of you oldies will remember when I was interviewed by one of the resident spouses who is a TV reporter...)

anyway, we got this HUGE, GINORMOUS Federal grant to increase our services to the pregnant/addicted women in Bexar county and our Congressman (Ciro Rodriguez, FYI) is coming into town to announce the award. and...since this is my baby, they want me to speak.

I think I have to actually wear pantyhose and closed-toe shoes tomorrow.

Thank goodness the girls are coming in tomorrow night so I can unwind!

(maybe I'll make it to C-Span 3)

Jenn

Re: My 15 Minutes

That is AWESOME!!! How exciting, closed toe shoes and all What will the grant be able to used for? Congrats on your hard work!

Comment

You'll do fine! I freaked out the first time I saw myself on camera but its really not terribly bad after the first time IMO. I'm just hoping they don't ask me to do Day After Thanksgiving live interviews this year.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Basically, the grant will be used to hire a case manager and an outreach worker to get the women the services they need- if they need a GED, we'll hook them up, if they need a job training program, we'll refer them. We'll be there w/ them while they go to childbirth classes (if they need/want us), we'll be taking them to pre-natal OB appointments, we'll be bringing in the health department to work w/ them on needed health screenings. Family counseling, marriage counseling, behavior therapies for the kids, etc. It's attempting to unknot the crazy situations they've found themselves in.

Each woman will be eligible to participate for 18 months- pre-natal through post-natal. We've linked w/ some of the judges, CPS, several hospitals, etc. We have some of the neo-natal docs and nurses on board and a few of the ob-gyns in town.

It's all good.

Jenn

ETA: obviously, there's more to the grant money than those two positions- car seats, bus money, our evaluators, etc all have to be purchased from those funds.

Comment

Good luck with that! Your "baby" will surely help lots of women. Can we call this Jen's Law?

Comment

Super cool!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

and then we will toast to YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT! And we'll give Major Hussey props for protecting the country and all that ..

Comment

Make sure you have the DVR set to record! You'll do great!

Comment

Definitely record it or get a file tape!! Go Jenn!

Comment

Yes, there has to be a way to get it on YouTube, we want to see!
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Good luck, Jenn!
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

That is sooooo cool!!!!
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Way to go Jenn!

That's fantastic!
                          I want to see the interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAAAALLLLEEEZZEEE!!!
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                            So...

I get another 15 minutes of fame tomorrow.

Not quite sure how I feel about it since my first 15 minutes was bad enough. (those of you oldies will remember when I was interviewed by one of the resident spouses who is a TV reporter...)

anyway, we got this HUGE, GINORMOUS Federal grant to increase our services to the pregnant/addicted women in Bexar county and our Congressman (Ciro Rodriguez, FYI) is coming into town to announce the award. and...since this is my baby, they want me to speak.

I think I have to actually wear pantyhose and closed-toe shoes tomorrow.

Thank goodness the girls are coming in tomorrow night so I can unwind!

(maybe I'll make it to C-Span 3)

Jenn
                            Sorry about the hose-and-heels requirement, but congratulations on doing such great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                              Yes, there has to be a way to get it on YouTube, we want to see!
                              Yeah, I want to see proof that you own hose and closed toe shoes.

Congrats on the grant!

Comment

Working...
                              X