Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Please tell me I'm not the only one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one

You are most definitely not alone! I am going through family (both his and mine) HELL right now, but I won't thread jack.

Hang in there! :therethere:
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by virgomusic
      Leaves post-call at 7 pm? Yikes! That's supposed to be illegal or something!
      :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry:

Silly girl! You're so opening yourself up for a torrent of "back in MY day ... " from all of us pre-80 hour week spouses. Or a torrent of "Supposed to be ... but who obeys rules?"

Yes, it's supposed to be illegal. Some programs follow the rules (quite well). My guess is that most programs "follow" the rules with a wink and a nod.

(this was intended in humor ... which I know doesn't translate sometimes, especially to people who may not know me or my bitter, dark humor very well. )

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
        Scrubs Season 6 comes out tomorrow. The baby and I are hitting Target after we drop the girls off at school and DH and I will be having a Scrubs marathon when he gets off tomorrow. LOL
        I have become a Scrubs fanatic since we started residency! I never watched it before, but now I love watching the reruns that are on every night.
        We have the same stroller that Perry and Jordan have for their baby girl! Right down to the fabric (and we have the matching playpen).
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
          Leaves post-call at 7 pm? Yikes! That's supposed to be illegal or something!
          :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry: :funnycry:

Silly girl! You're so opening yourself up for a torrent of "back in MY day ... " from all of us pre-80 hour week spouses. Or a torrent of "Supposed to be ... but who obeys rules?"

Yes, it's supposed to be illegal. Some programs follow the rules (quite well). My guess is that most programs "follow" the rules with a wink and a nod.

(this was intended in humor ... which I know doesn't translate sometimes, especially to people who may not know me or my bitter, dark humor very well. )
          Bitter and dark humor is always welcome these days! FYI I'll never forget the day while my DH was still pre med....I was in my car and heard on NPR about the 80 hour a week rule changes. That was a happy day!

My DH is a MS3. They don't have rules or caps on the work hours or call hours. I WISH it were against some kind of rule. He is exhausted all of the time. If I'm not having a pity party then I'm worried for him! Thank goodness he starts week number 5 on Sunday! Almost half way done with this rotation!
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I've repressed most of everything from the past years. I savor every golden weekend - you know, the ones that normal people call "weekends."

Hang in there! It feels like yesterday when I joined the boards, towards the beginning of intern year. Now we're in my husband's third year. It's hard to believe, but time does march on.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Loving your new avatar and siggy Lily.

Residency sucks wankers.
              Can I hear an AMEN from the choir?
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Can I hear an AMEN from the choir?
                How 'bout a round of Mendel's Hallelujah chorus?

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane

I gotcha! I'm sure many folks here have worse stories than me -- that's why I thought hearing them would cheer me up!

Comment

Working...
                  X