Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Search option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search option

It doesnt seem to be working, is it just me?
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: Search option

it's been screwy for awhile

Comment

I'm sorry....I'm not sure what the deal is. I did the whole 'rebuild the index search' thingy, but it didn't help :huh: I'm not sure what to do about it.

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

well dammit Kris ... (j/k)

Comment

:>

If you have any suggestions, I will try them....I just had a glass of wine so I should be good for crashing the server or something fun!

kris

Comment

Kris, please do not attempt to "fix" anything!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
              :>

If you have any suggestions, I will try them....I just had a glass of wine so I should be good for crashing the server or something fun!

kris
              sorry - my suggestion level pretty much tops out at "power cycle".

Comment

Well, try now and see if it is any better. Supposedly, it has indexed a huge number of words now.

:huh:

kris

Comment

Hmm...nothing seems to go back past September 14th (of this year) or so...
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I think that might be the best we can get... :huh: I would guess that is the time that we transferred over from the old software to the new because of the bandwidth issues (which appear to be solved...YEAH!). I assume that the indexing has started wtih posts since then.

kris

Comment

Cool; I thought it might be something like that - it does seem to work great within that timeframe! Do you have it set up to auto-index periodically, to catch new stuff?

ETA: 9/14 does indeed seem to be the day of the switchover to the new version (so glad the bandwidth problems are fixed, yay!). And a search I did just now caught this post - so I assume it searches recent posts real-time rather than only searching the index? Or it's doing real-time indexing? Either way, seems great - would be nice to be able to search the older stuff, but it totally makes sense that it'd be a whole other ball of wax, what with the version change.
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                      X