Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hall Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall Pass

Hi, guys: Asking for a hall pass for the next couple of days. I've been checking in as possible, but things at work have gone completely off the rails for the short term. In the past month, I've had three all-nighters and had to work pretty much every weekend. I've got a seventy-page book chapter due in final form tomorrow, a major order to get drafted, AND DH is at some neuroscience conference in California until Wednesday! Arghhh!! DS and I missed mass this morning, and came up to my office to start working. He's being awesome--playing quietly in Chambers--but this has to completely stink for him!

Anyhow, sorry about dropping off the radar lately...I'll be back as soon as I can!

Re: Hall Pass

Take care and good luck w/ everything...I'm wishing you lots of quality sleep once you meet your deadlines!

Comment

When it rains it pours, huh? Good luck checking all that off the list.

Comment

Hall pass approved!!!! Good luck with all of the work you have to finish.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

This job is getting in the way of our fun.

In all seriousness, good luck digging out.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

When I have had time to check in, I have missed you! I hope things smooth out soon.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Hang in there! Funny thing is my DH is at the same neuroscience conference in San Diego!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I think my kids would LOVE to play in chambers. Sounds so... exotic...
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
                  I think my kids would LOVE to play in chambers. Sounds so... exotic...
                  It's not. "Chambers" is just a technical term for "the Judge's office," which is composed of the foyer room, the secretary's area, my office, the fax room/intern's office, Judge's private quarters, Judge's reading room, the galley, and the library. Plus two bathrooms. Why the federal government thought it was necessary to have two bathrooms for three employees, I have no idea. Plus, there is another bathroom immediately outside Chambers, which no one uses because it is in a secured hall. So it's essentially all mine. So weird.

This could possibly be the least exotic place in St. Louis, which is saying a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
                    Hang in there! Funny thing is my DH is at the same neuroscience conference in San Diego!
                    He sounds like he had a blast. Fun for Nerds!

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
                      When I have had time to check in, I have missed you! I hope things smooth out soon.

Sally
                      I am about 2 days from being un-buried...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                        Yea! So glad you aren't really breaking up with us.
                        No way. Give up on my captured audience? Every time I log in, it's an opportunity for someone to listen, who's response isn't, "I'm sorry, hon. Did you say something? Have you seen my pager?"

Comment

OK, I'm cautiously back from my hall pass. I still will have to go into the office tomorrow, but it's getting better...

I feel like I've been away for weeks!!

Comment

Working...
                          X