Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Seattle Restaraunt Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Restaraunt Suggestions

Dh and I are taking the train to Seattle for two nights later this month to go to a Seahawks game. I haven't been to Seattle since our Honeymoon (we stayed a night there on our way up to Victoria B.C.). Do any of you have any restaraunt suggestions? Any and all are appreciated.

We're staying about a mile or so from Qwest field. Thanks.
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Re: Seattle Restaraunt Suggestions

What do you want?

Hip, happening, and great food....seafood....local charm......ethnic food....

I'm getting the jitters just thinking about it.
    I for sure will give you a list -- regardless of how you answer the above but I'd like to be helpful too -- so a little direction please?

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe

We're staying about a mile or so from Qwest field. Thanks.

So, you want something convenient for the game?

(PS We're having a Seahawk party this Monday night....complete with Washington wine, PNW apps, and Washington beer....and they are lousy. Watching them lose to the Browns was ...a new low. Qwest field is awesome though. Have FUN!)
      Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Yup, a little direction, please!

What are your favorites, Flynn?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

My friend's sister owns The Swiss. http://www.theswisspub.com/ I've never been to Seattle, but I know Gayl and I know she wouldn't serve icky stuff.

Comment

Here are a couple places that I love that are close to where you'll be (the first two are fish!).

Ivar's: http://www.ivars.net/
            Anthony's: http://www.anthonys.com/home.html

Tulio: Dh and I had our wedding reception here.
            Assaggio: another solid Italian restaurant

In the International District (within walking distance of the King Dome):
            Shanghai Garden: http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/10776803/

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
              What do you want?

Hip, happening, and great food....seafood....local charm......ethnic food....

I'm getting the jitters just thinking about it.
              I for sure will give you a list -- regardless of how you answer the above but I'd like to be helpful too -- so a little direction please?

I'm not going to help you out a whole lot here, but seafood, local charm and/or ethnic food would be perfect for us. Does that narrow it down? Since we won't have a car, relatively close to Qwest and/or the Edgewater Hotel would be convenient. Don't be afraid to suggest a restaraunt within a good walking distance. Dh and I love to walk in cities that we are visiting. It's the best way for us to enjoy a city.

Thanks.

Comment

You can ride the bus for free in downtown Seattle. The hills can be really killer - but do what the locals do: walk south and *then* head east up the hills (they're less steep! )

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                  You can ride the bus for free in downtown Seattle. The hills can be really killer - but do what the locals do: walk south and *then* head east up the hills (they're less steep! )
                  I didn't know the bus was free in the city. Thanks for the tip. I've been to Ivars before ( a long, long, long time ago). I remember it being pretty good. I'm definitely going to look into your suggestions. They sound yummy.

Comment

....some of my favorites....

I'll just name some and you can decide how far you want to walk/cab.

McCormick's Fish House & Bar
                    722 Fourth Ave
                    Seattle, WA 98104
                    Phone: (206) 682-3909

This place is awesome (NOT McCORMICK's and SCHMICKS). It's old school Seattle and the seafood menu is CRAZY long. The wait staff knows their stuff and you can get other stuff besides seafood as well. I'd say a dinner for two would run you between 80-120$ depending on drinks and what was ordered however. BUT IT'S DAMN GOOD.

Pyramid Alehouse
                    1201 First Ave S
                    Seattle, WA 98134
                    Phone: (206) 682-3377

Right next to Quest....if you can get a table (and it's a BIG IF) it's a good festive time with yummy beer food.

Assaggio Ristorante
                    2010 4th Ave
                    Seattle, WA 98121
                    Phone: (206) 441-1399
                    Fax: (206) 441-0603

Awesome Italian. Just great Italian.

Ray's Boathouse Restaurant, Cafe & Catering
                    6049 Seaview Ave NW, Seattle, WA
                    Known for its rich black cod marinated in miso, this upscale Shilshole waterfront staple also offers a casual cafe upstairs with unbeatable views.

This is NOT close to Qwest field AT ALL but it's one of my favorites.

These are my best suggestions.
                    I have more if they don't seem to fit the bill however.
                    There are TONS of good restaurants there.
                    Flynn

Comment

For "local charm", there's always Dick's hamburgers. Classic 50's walk-up burger joint with *very* limited menu and greasy greasy fries (I think at least one of them has seating).

My friends who still live there and have better taste than me say "the area around Qwest field is a pit" but they recommend:

Elliot's
                      The Metropolitan Grill
                      Wild Ginger
                      Black Dahlia Lounge
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I'm so homesick...

Wild Ginger is great!

Bill Gates swears by Dick's.

Once dh, my brother and I were walking along the street here in Chicago and we had this conversation:

My brother: Do you smell that?
                        Me: Yeah...
                        My brother: It smells just like Dick's.
                        Me: You're right, it's that unmistakable Dick's smell.
                        Dh:

Comment

Originally posted by poky

Elliot's
                          The Metropolitan Grill
                          Wild Ginger
                          Black Dahlia Lounge
                          Good suggestions.
                          • Elliot's is decent. Nothing fantastic but good.
                            "The Met" is SPENDY. I think there is a steak on the menue for $55.00
                            Wild Ginger -- YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY
                            Black Dahlia Lounge -- kind of "she she la la" and again, NOT cheap
                          Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe
                            Originally posted by alison
                            I didn't know the bus was free in the city. Thanks for the tip. I've been to Ivars before ( a long, long, long time ago). I remember it being pretty good. I'm definitely going to look into your suggestions. They sound yummy.
                            I think it may only be during business hours - until 7pm. You can check once you get there.

HAVE FUN!!!

Comment

You guys are awesome. We will definitely be trying one or two of your suggestions. I'll let you know where we ate and how our trip went when we return. :dinner:

Comment

Working...
                              X