Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

foggy brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foggy brain

Does anyone ever feel 'slow'? I feel like I'm becoming progressively dumber. I can't articulate well, I stutter sometimes, I can't express myself or get a point across. Oftentimes I space out, take long pauses to sort my thoughts but my thoughts become blank, and it takes me longer to process information.

Is something wrong with me? Am I having seizures I don't know about or something? It's really frustrating.

:waiting:

Maybe it's my diet? All the junk I eat? How do I sharpen my wit and clear my head? Any thoughts?

Re: foggy brain

In my case it's called: so many little kiddos compounded by no meaningful amount of rest!

Comment

Oh dear, you are forgiven, allowed, and excused from being on top of the brain game.

Comment

I'd give anything to have my "former smarts" back...seriously, I feel like the tin man some days!

Comment

I usually can trace foggy brain to either chronic lack of sleep or overcaffeination. (Obviously, the two are linked!!) This time of year, it could also be sinus crapola. That's what's been goin on here. I was so foggy until I started hitting the sudafed a few days ago.

We all get that from time to time. Multitasking is over-rated. It just confuses us all.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Agreed on the sleep and multi-tasking.

Comment

I definitely get enough sleep nowadays, especially since I don't have to be in bed or up at any specific time.

I just feel like it has gotten worse over time. :huh:

Comment

I don't know if you're a coffee drinker, but I swear coffee helps me think more clearly. Too bad I didn't discover this until three years into college. Five o'clock coffee can sometimes be a godsend.

Comment

Apparently, a lot of my ditziness is related to the fact that I'm walking around with 20/40 vision. No wonder why I mistake people and run into stuff.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I blame mine on motherhood.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I think it's because I haven't worked since I graduated from school in May and I just got way dumber. This week I worked a lot and interacted with some intelligent people, so I feel a little better. I also don't read as much as I used to. I swear that's what it is. Perezhilton.com does not constitute good reading material.

Comment

I haven't felt this out of it until I became a mom.
                        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
                          I haven't felt this out of it until I became a mom.

Comment

Working...
                          X