Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

GPS SYSTEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS SYSTEMS

are you wanting a handheld you can mount in the car, or something to put in place of your current stereo system? I replaced the system in my car a couple years ago with a nice GPS system, and love it. My DH has a garmin handheld he likes. It doesn't talk to him like mine does, though, just beeps.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Re: GPS SYSTEMS

My mom got the top of the line Tom tom last Christmas. OMG! We love that thing. It's kind of hard to get use to having a little screen there mounted in front of you. I tend to watch the tom tom and not the road . But you'll get use to it, and before you know it you won't know how you made it from work to home without it! LOL!

Mom is a home health nurse and completely useless when it comes to technical things. The uses it all of the time and loves it. It's made her work life a ton easier.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

LOVE my Garmin Nuvi. I would literally be lost without it.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I would love one of these for dh. We got lost in Wisconsin and I told dh to stop and *I* would ask for directions. He wouldn't stop, and we spent at least a half an hour being lost. I want to get dh one of these, and I want the voice in this thing to be a WOMAN'S.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

My FIL has one - can't tell you the model but its a Garmin and he loves it. As a passenger I was thoroughly annoyed after a weekend in Napa with it but to each their own.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs
            LOVE my Garmin Nuvi. I would literally be lost without it.
            ITA
            Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
              My FIL has one - can't tell you the model but its a Garmin and he loves it. As a passenger I was thoroughly annoyed after a weekend in Napa with it but to each their own.
              This is true! After a while Mom and I find ourselves yelling SHUT UP to the Tom tom. LOL! But after getting un lost with the Tom tom we love him again. LOL! haha
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

And I agree as well. I have a Garmin Nuvi, and I can't live without it. My SO did a lot of research for me, and the Garmin is a really great buy. It has the most location points as well.

Just do a general search for consumer reports... here GN is #1:
                http://gpstracklog.typepad.com/gps_trac ... eport.html

It's really awesome... it can speak to you in 30 different languages, store MP3s and photos, find stores, restaurants sorted by cuisines, intersections, airports, entertainment, gas stations, ANYTHING imaginable and all categorized. It's easy to see and very easy to use.
                https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=6290

Does anyone remember what life was like before cell phones? Well that's how I feel about my GPS now.... can't live without it!

Comment

My husband got the Mio for me last year for Christmas. It's a little less expensive than the Garmins. I LOVE it. I am directionally challenged, and this has definitely saved me from driving in circles when I'm in a new area.

It works nationwide and has features that tell you restaurants, entertainment, gas stations, etc. near where you currently are. This has been quite helpful when we take roadtrips.

Comment

My friend has one and I am always callng her asking her for directions when I'm out and about.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

DH just got me a Magellen (cannot remember the number behind it for the life of me - 4xxx - a four followed by three other numbers). It is fabulous. I love the thing. It has a touchscreen and voice recognition. Soooo worth it!
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Garmins are very highly rated. Costco.com has a Garmin Nuvi 650 on sale right now for $299....usually sells for $450.

Comment

We have TomTom 700. I'm pretty happy with it but the mounting is very flimsy and broke after a few months (although back in NY we would take it off and put it back on several times a day each time we got out of the car), right now it's attached by velcro to the top of the dashboard. I like that we can switch it between cars but I think at some point when we get a new car in a few years we'll get one with build in.

Comment

Working...
                          X