Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For those of you with a Wii...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you with a Wii...

Is it worth it? Do your SO enjoy it after the inital fun wears off? Or is it mostly for kids?

I am considering getting one for DH for the holidays or his birthday in Feb. I really know nothing about them and wonder if the hype is real.
    Needs

Re: For those of you with a Wii...

We both still enjoy it, as do the kids.

Comment

they are wonderful! wii sports is a great stress reducer after long days! i'm on the lookout for one right now for christmas, our old roomie(who was also a med student) took it when he started his residency and we miss it so much! the three of us used to play it for hours (yes, all of us should have been studying, but oh well!). i think we enjoy it more than our younger siblings

wii bowling = the best.

Laura

Comment

DH keeps asking me if he can get one but I keep saying "no". Yeah, I'm mean. :>

Seriously, though, based on how badly he wants one I'd say that they're just as fun for adults.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

If you're looking for one for holiday check with your local GameStop - they're getting them pretty consistently, usually at least one day/week they have them.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My dh is obsessed with getting one. I only want to get it from Costco, and they are never in stock. I don't really want to get one, but oh well. He told the kids that since we couldn't get a dog (my allergies) we'd get a Wii.
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

This post is perfect timing. DH and I are contemplating getting one for Christmas/Chanukah this year and we wanted to make sure there were enough games to keep us entertained. We have only played the tennis and surgery game But as long as it has guitar hero and dance dance revolution, I am a happy camper. I can't wait to get one!!!
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

A surgery game! Are you serious!!!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I was shocked too. We went to a birthday party and walked in to see everyone around the Wii watching someone play Trauma Center. Though we might actually get the game...

Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Dh is still loooving the Wii. I usually get sick of video games after they are no longer shiny and new and the Wii is still doing it even for me. Don't ask how many hours last week were spent playing guitar hero.

Comment

I got the Harry Potter OotP game a week ago, and we've logged .... a good amount of time playing it. DH was crushed when he realized one of the boys copied over his saved game. You move the Wii remote particular ways to do certian spells. I'm quite good at INCENDIO! And Quinn is really good at STUPIFY! WINGARDIUM LEVIOSO is sooooooo hard to control!

Comment

it depends on how good they are at this kind of stuff. we bought Cars and Ratatouille. They can both do Cars, Ratatouille is harder (sometimes even for dh and I). We rented Sonic, and they kind of got it / liked it. I've also reserved Star Wars (the latest one). I know they'll both be able to do that, and it's going to be a Christmas present.

Comment

We're holding out for the next generation.

Comment

I also have a Wii hidden away for Christmas -- but just a few nights ago my DS (11) told me that the Wii is no longer cool.

Huh????

I'm avoiding panic. Dh thinks it is just a sour grapes thing going around his school from the non-Wii owners. Several of his friends are trying to sell their Wii's to get Playstation III or XBOX 360s. Oy vey.

DS says that the Wii sports are cool, but that the other games are babyish.

Say it ain't so!!
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I can't imagine lego star wars being "babyish". Or Guitar Hero...of course, I'm not an 11yo boy, either..
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                              X