Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For those of you with a Wii...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those of you with a Wii...

If I get motivated tonight, I might make a sign and wave it around - GO IMSN!!!!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I bought "Star Wars - the complete saga" for the boys for Christmas. DH and I cracked into it tonight and started playing. We'll hide it and give it to the boys as new (after playing a few more times) for Christmas. They'll never know.

It's loads of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
        I bought "Star Wars - the complete saga" for the boys for Christmas. DH and I cracked into it tonight and started playing. We'll hide it and give it to the boys as new (after playing a few more times) for Christmas. They'll never know.

It's loads of fun!
        SO looking forward to that one! We'll probably end up both buying it for each other.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

We just got the Super Mario and Sonic Olympics game and it was a lot of fun....my arms are sore as all heck from all the running in the game but DH and I had a blast. I love my new Wii Oh and DH's Mii looks eerily like him.
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

We just found the Super Mario Galaxy and everyone absolutely LOVES it. From DH who likes the more super-involved, long and drawn out stuff to the kids who like the silly/fun, cartoony ones.

DS has even been running around the house stealing all of his sisters' "Click-Its" that are shaped like stars and putting them into his hat, just like Mario with the Star Bits. He then likes to run around the house, stop, take his hat off, and say "whew!" while pulling the star out...just like Mario.

Comment

DH plays his wii every night. He keeps looking at the surgery game in the store but hasn't caved yet. I can't figure out why since he seems to buy every single game he finds remotely interesting . Good thing there aren't too many out for now.

He really wants to figure out how to play with my nephews back in the states (we live in Italy). I think it's cool that he wants to connect with them that way. Childish but sweet at the same time

He really likes Super Mario Galaxy. And he and his friends enjoy boxing (part of WiiSports).

Comment

We just got our wii as an early family present. My husband is such a dork. He has yet to come upstairs for air. He has been playing guitar hero nonstop. He used to be in a band pre medical days and thinks he is so cool. I just roll my eyes. I doubt I will ever be able to play any of the games much less the kids. They have to get their play time in while DH is at work.

Comment

Ok, you all have convinced me to get a Wii for DH for Christmas. We have a little extra cash from selling his car recently, and I feel bad that he never really gets to splurge or buy anything for himself. And, if he's to be believed, it's "fun for the whole family."

So, I've been trying to find one for the past few weeks but they're still really hard to come by! The manager at Toys R Us told me that they'd be getting a shipment this Saturday night and would go on sale Sunday morning when they open at 7:00am ... last week people starting lining up at 4:00am to buy them. So, I'm off to Toys R Us early Sunday morning to try to snag a Wii. I've never done anything like this before, so wish me luck that (1) I'm able to get one and (2) DH doesn't figure out what I'm up to (although he's definitely going to know that *something* is up since I'm going to be getting up and leaving in the middle of the night and probably won't be home until after he and DS are up that morning). He still keeps talking about how much he wants one and I still keep playing up that he can't have one, so I'm hoping he won't figure it out and will still be really surprised. *fingers crossed*

If I do get one, I'll be back to ask what the must-have games are for it.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Good luck! We got ours in the fall and it was still a PITA to come by. I'm so glad we're not trying to do this during the holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                      Good luck! We got ours in the fall and it was still a PITA to come by. I'm so glad we're not trying to do this during the holidays!

Same here. DH haunted every local Target, Walmart, and Game Crazy for weeks before finally finding one at Target. He'd call all of the stores at least once a week to find out when the latest shipment was due and would always go in after they'd already opened. The one day he got his sleepy butt up before they opened he finally got one.

Comment

Great article! That's awesome.

:stars:

Comment

Working...
                        X