Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Time for yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for yourself

How/when do you find time for yourself?

We have rest time in the afternoon eventhough two of my kids don't really nap. It doesn't always work. My other time frame is after the kids are in bed which is usually when I collapse. I need some tips for finding time to get stuff done.
    Needs

Re: Time for yourself

Hire a sitter? I'm usually too tired at night to reliably get things done.

Comment

No answer here either.

Comment

I currently rely on naptimes, by the end of the day (after DS goes to bed) I'm usually too tired to do much more than sit in front of the computer or on the couch.

I'm scared of what's going to happen when DS stops napping.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I just hired someone to come in one morning a week.....She's $15/hr, but she also will pick up a little bit too. I told Nellie she better do windows for that rate. She will only be watching little Miss Princess Zoe. (That poor woman will earn EVERY penny :> )

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I think that's part of the reason I didn't terribly mind DH having long hours his first two years of school. We didn't have all the kids in school yet so my quiet time was after the kids went to bed and before DH came home.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
              I just hired someone to come in one morning a week.....
              kris
              Good for you! You deserve this...and Zoe will love it.

I get no time to myself either. If there's something that I really need time for I set the kids up with something clean or some other project, or I send them outside to play basketball.

Comment

That is awesome, Kris! I should clarify with "me time", I should have said time to get stuff done. My kids are very active and if they don't have something to focus on, they end up pigging out on snacks or running in circles screaming and waking up the baby.
                Needs

Comment

Sometimes I drop the 3 kiddos off at my mom's and go to Target by myself.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I moved thirteen hours closer to all the grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Although many of them are an hour to an hour and a half away, so this "time" generally happens about once a month.

Because my husband works 24/7/365, I put my daughter in preschool three mornings a week. Not for her, for me. In fact although she goes to "preschool" it is play based, so I still work with her on the basic preschool concepts. It costs about $3 an hour and is a lot cheaper than prozac, a divorce, or my kids' future therapy.

I have to have a little break from mommying or I am just a terrible bitch to everyone. I have to be able to run occasionally or get my hair done with out having to mediate such inane debates like "He's looking out my window!".

I really do live for my kids and adore them. I swear I do. I just need to find my center more than other people. I think it would be different if I could rely on my spouse to contribute more.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                      I really do live for my kids and adore them. I swear I do. I just need to find my center more than other people.
                      Don't go on me. I need that too.

I have hit a rough patch over the last few months. I just hired a sitter for Wednesday afternoons. Please let this work out. Luckily we can do this right now.

Comment

Me time???? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Maybe when Luke is in preschool- that may be it. But there's not a lot of time there, actually, from drop off to pick up. Definitely not time to do a major project- like clean a bathroom, or make curtains...
                        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Time for yourself
                          I am unfamiliar with this....is it English?

Just kidding, I don't have anything useful to add...just browsing through for ideas.
                          I feel your pain.

Comment

As we don't have kids. my personal time is after I get home from work before dh gets home. I have the place to myself and can relax and start dinner.
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Preschool used to be my answer to this. And I use that term loosely....DS #1 started preschool when he was 2, DS #2 started when he was 15 months, and DS #3 started when he was 11 months. You betcha it was for mom! But it wasn't bad for them, either. There is no way I would have survived residency and the years in Wichita Falls without some time to breathe. I used it in the summer, too.

Now, all of my kids are in school, I work part time, DH is an attending, and I barely have time to process what the day holds, never mind the week. :huh: So no answers here.
                              (Obviously, not much encouragement, either. Sorry! )

Sally
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X