Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Friday, anyone, anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday, anyone, anyone

Most JCPenney's are opening at 4am as well - ours is.

There are about 15 GGP malls opening across the country at 1am.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thank Gawd our GGP mall doesn't open until 6 AM. This makes the idea of being one the first 500 more realistic for a night owl like myself. Although, I suppose being a night owl, 1 AM may be a better idea....
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I find the crowds unbearable, so even if I wasn't working at the office I would be hiding inside from the insanity.
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada
          I just saw a commerical for Kohl's saying that they are opening at 4 am on Friday! WTH????? Who are these people who get up that early to shop? :huh:
          I've been there with my sister. When went out in a really bad thunderstorm and drove through flooded roads in my old CR-V (now hubby's car) to get there.

I'm going to see if her hubby will watch my girls so she and I can head out before the buttcrack of dawn Friday morning. We'll have to bring my 8 month old boy because BIL has no boobs and the baby hasn't had a bottle since I quit my job last month and I doubt he'll take one now. LOL
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I'm sure its fun to try once, but it seems unnatural to be out shopping at 4 am let alone up at that hour. My husband said he would watch the kids if my mom and I wanted to go. (His mom goes). But getting up at 4 am shopping and coming home exhausted followed by having to care for kids the rest of the day because DH will be tired from morning childcare doesn't appeal to me. Maybe we will try on online version.
            Needs

Comment

I am almost done with my shopping. I do it all year long. Anything left will have to come from online shopping. I do head out late on Friday though. You do not get the best deals but it kind of kicks off the season for me...the music, the colors, etc.

Post your great deals after your naps late Friday morning
              I would love to hear everyone's "steals"
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I couldn't go even if I wanted to. And for the record, I don't want to. I've never been out shopping on Black Friday. Ever. My mom used to go and she'd always ask me if I wanted to go with her. No thanks, waking up so ridiculously early only to be pushed and prodded by a bunch of people is not my idea of fun.

I know it's not quite the same thing but this year I'm doing Amazon's Customers Vote and hopefully I'll be able to get a nice deal on a couple of things. Last year they did it a bit differently and their servers got clobbered as millions of people logged on to buy a ridiculously cheap Xbox 360. This year they're doing a lottery system.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

No way. I hate going to the mall on the weekend so there is no way I'm going to brave Friday's crowds. I'll be doing all of my shopping online.

Comment

I have never done it and never will.

We braved fourth of July on the esplenade once. That was enough crowd for a lifetime.

Comment

I love, love, lurve getting out in the hussle and bustle of Christmas shopping ....without kids! With kids, no thanks.

Comment

So, the outlets that are 5 minutes from our house are open at midnight tonight. I could actually do some shopping without the kids. But since DH has to get up at 5 am tomorrow he said I would have to take the baby with me. Yeah, like I'm going to take an 8 month old out shopping at midnight. Now I have to call my sister and tell her I can't go. :badday: :banghead:
                        Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

It's 6:50am, I've been up for almost 4 hours! :alarmclock:

Plus I slept like crap last night! :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by Crispin's Crispian
                            Those giveaways are to lure people in to spend money.
                            That's exactly what they're for - we were giving away 500 goodie bags with 8 major prizes in them, so you're odds are what 1 in 60ish and people were here at 3:30 for our 5am open. Not me, this is my last year - if you want to get me to go to the mall on Black Friday next year, it'll be at about noon.

(One more month...)

Comment

Oh gosh, Cheri! At least maybe you can go home early??!

Comment

We got up at 1:30 to get to Circuit City for their 5 AM opening. We wanted to get a laptop. When we got there at 2 AM, there was already a massive line there and at the Best Buy next door. Judging by the people in tents and space heaters there had been people camped out there since 8 PM last night! Finally at 3 AM and employee came out handing people vouchers for the doorbuster sale items. He ran out of vouchers 2 people ahead of me. :banghead: So he hands me the ad and says well you could always get the $399 one (the vouchers were for the $299 one). DH and I figured, well we're already here, so lets just stick it out and spend the extra $100.

Let me mention it has been record high temps since last month here. We've been in the low to mid 70's. Of course this AM, the temp had dropped 25 degrees and it's friggin snowing!!!

So by the time 5 AM rolls around we're freezing our arse's off and when they open the doors, all the crowd from behind us swarm, and now there's a massive bottleneck with people pushing and shoving. Pure chaos. Turns out none of the employees knew what was going on and we're pointing everyone in the wrong direction. After going back and forth with the kids no less, we are finally told that all the sale laptops required a voucher. :banghead: WTF?!?!? If we hadn't been misinformed, we would've came home and went back to bed instead of wasting 3 hours outside for nothing. I later found out that even the people who got vouchers got screwed because employees were handing out the items to people who lied and said they had vouchers. You'd think that Circuit City would have adequately trained and prepared their employees for this.

I will never ever do this again!!!!!

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                                X