Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so, where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so, where is everyone?

I can hear the echo in here today.

Comment

Janet,

I'm here and I'm fighting post-prandial leftover sleepiness. DW is doing a 24 hr shift.

Who cares to know what I just ate? Well, it's more entertaining than a echo (I hope). Turkey, stuffing, the old 70's era green bean casserole, roll, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin cobbler. In ESPN phraseology, the cobbler became an "instant classic" yesterday.

Yesterday, DW and I made waaaay too much food and then stuffed ourselves silly. In addition to the above menu, we also had fried oysters.

Okay, I did my part to silence the echo. I'm guessing all of the med student spouses were able to travel over the holiday (and many of the attendings). Probably some fortunate resident spouses were as well.

What was on the menu yesterday for others?

Comment

still echoing here ...

we had an embarrassing amount of food. 2 turkeys, 3 ducks, corn casserole, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, yams, rolls, salad, 2 kinds of cranberries ...

then for desserts: pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin roll, 2 kinds of pecan pie, blackberry pie, chantilly cream, fudge ... it was crazy.

Comment

We had Thanksgiving on the 11th (or was it the 10th?). So with my mom out of town, we weren't going to do much other than go out to dinner when hubby got off work. Well, my sister called and her hubby was making homemade lasagna so we headed over there. My brother had gone hunting earlier in the week so his wife and kids went on vacation so he came to my sister's too. Pretty nice Thanksgiving. Lasagna, garlic bread, pumpkin pie.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

My dad and step-mom left this afternoon. It was nice to have them here for almost a week, because DH has been VERY scarce lately.

We had turkey and dressing, honey-baked ham, green bean cass, shoepeg corn cass, sweet potato cass, homemake cranberry sauce, bread basket made of bread from Giant Eagle, banana pudding, pecan pie, chocolate cake, caramel pie, Italian cream cake, and birthday cake because DD1's birthday was ON Thanksgiving this year.

I'm starting my Thanksgiving detox. ALL of the sweets are now in the trash.

Comment

We had ham, mac and cheese, that bow to the '70s green bean casserole, rolls (I made those), bourbon-y sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows, and a bleu cheese cranberry pear tossed salad.

We are having turkey tomorrow night. This is what happens when DH watches the food network. Everyone was ok with no turkey this year until then. So, I'm about to brine Janet's turkey, stuffing, mashers and gravy, sweet potatoes with pears, fresh cranberry sauce, salad, and apple crisp with icecream.

And I still have to make stuffed mushrooms! I have 30 mushrooms in the fridge just waiting for me.

Comment

yay! glad you had a great time. i love the new england charm. i bet your dh can get a job at UVM.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                X