Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope the rest of you are all still sleeping.
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I don't know about everyone sleeping, but I'm up to get started on cooking and baking. igout:
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

DH on-call overnight today (5:00 AM today through noon or so tomorrow) then back on again tomorrow night at 6:00 PM. Little sad about that, but...

it is REALLY hard to complain, because of the reason for the bad schedule. Long story short, the PGY3 NSG who is supposed to be on night-float this month had a really tragic, sudden death of a young person in his wife's family. He is with family this week, so the other residents are scambling to cover his shifts (it's not as easy as it could be--they were already down another man, because a PGY4's participation in the program was ended about three weeks ago). This, on top of it generally being a miserable two weeks for people we know: my friend's two-year-old was killed when hit by a cleaning van, and another very close friend's mother passed away and was buried yesterday.

It reminds us to keep some perspective. We have so much to be grateful for: our health, our families' health, and our jobs. Who cares if DH has to work Thanksgiving? We'll just have great leftovers later!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL THE iMSNers'!

Comment

Thanks for putting things into perspective this morning Abigail. I woke up feeling a little sorry for myself spending another holiday alone. But we are all healthy and life is pretty good. It is beautiful, with low mist covering the fields. The kids and I had a tea party with pumpkin muffins. I'll count my blessings now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I have a TON to be thankful for.

The biggie today is that this is only the second Thanksgiving in our marriage (9 years) where DH wasn't so tired he fell asleep at the table, was actually at the hospital so I brought him a picnic basket, OR stuck in traffic four hours!

We're all here, everyone's healthy, and it's our FIRST Thanksgiving in our house!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. View my other thread for the real lowdown - the latent anger that should just be contained elsewhere - because this thread is for wishing everyone a great day!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We do have a lot to be thankful for - we're healthy, Baby M is wiggling around this morning and we're lucky to have friends and family that are safe.

Safe travels to all of you that are traveling - enjoy the day!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I was thinking this morning about how much I have to be thankful for as DS was off playing with his grandfather while my mom was busy preparing dinner (giving me a much-needed break!!), DS#2 was happily squirming away in utero, and my DH is in his car on his way to be with us. I'm so very lucky.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I woke my dh up by telling him I was especially Thankful that he wanted to get up and make me cinnamon rolls and coffee.

But, I AM thankful. Every day I hear of more sadness, and I hang onto my healthy little family a bit tighter. No road is easy, and ours has had some major bumps, but I am very, very Thankful.

I love you guys!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! The kids and I are still in jammies waiting for hubby to get home from the hospital. He has a couple more hours to go (they started rounds early so they could leave early) and then we are going to head out for a non-traditional Thanksgiving. We're thinking IHOP.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Last night I turned to my husband and told him that I was most thankful that he wasn't in Iraq like he was originally supposed to be.

So, I have a husband here, a healthy three year old, my family is healthy (including both grandmothers) and all is well.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jenn

Comment

You all said it best!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Safe travels to everyone on the road.

Comment

I am thankful for my wonderful life and my loving husband who unselfishly provides for his family. I am grateful that I'm able to spend the Holidays healthy and happy and safe with my DH. I am thankful that my parents are still alive and healthy. I am thankful that I have good friends who care about me and a huge extended family that still stays in touch. And I'm grateful for all of you imsn'ers who provide me unconditional support and great advice when I need it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :stars:

Comment

We can all be thankful that it's not us, suffering the accute MI , that DH just left to go take care of!
                              He made a nice Brianni (sp?) for us, and wasn't able to sit down and enjoy it

Comment

Working...
                              X