Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey procrastinators--show me some love!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey procrastinators--show me some love!

All these pictures of holiday cheer and decorating has me feeling like a big loser because other than a twig and fake greenery wreath on our front door, we haven't done any holiday decorating yet (well, can you count a christmas dish towel decorating??). Our schedules haven't clicked enough for us to get a tree yet. I feel bad about it b/c DS is completely OBSESSED with all of the lights around town. When we are driving and pass some decorations he says "Wow...Wow..." in this super cute whispery kind of voice, then says "Mama, more?"

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a grinchy house!
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Re: Hey procrastinators--show me some love!

in years past i'd be right there with you. we normally didn't start dragging stuff out until at LEAST past dh's bday (12/10). i succumbed to kid pressure this year.

Comment

We have a wreath on our front door - that is it.

We plan to put our tree up this weekend, DH will go get it while I'm working on Sunday and then we'll decorate it Sunday evening. This is about the time we usually decorate b/c we get a real tree and don't want it to die on us.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We still don't know where our little tree is. We usually get out the decorations for the inside of the house around Dec 15th, seriously.

(This year is no different- except the boxes of decorations are out of storage already ...)
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm not doing jack this year since we're flying to my mother's on the 22nd.

and the rule in our house was no tress until my parent's anniversary (12/21) and it all had to stay up until after my mom's borthday (1/4)

I think we'll go look at the well decorated RiverWalk this weekend.

Jenn

Comment

We have no money to do anything, until December 14th. Plus I am not looking forward to keeping my two year old away from the tree or pulling it down. I am searching deep down inside to figure out what is my motivation for decorating. I am not anti-Christmas by any means, but most of the holiday cheer will be at my parents house anyway so why go through the trouble ?

Comment

This reminds me, I need to at least go take the autumn-themed wreath off the front door.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Count another one for the wreath as the lone holiday decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                  and the rule in our house was no tress until my parent's anniversary (12/21) and it all had to stay up until after my mom's borthday (1/4)
                  When I was a kid we didn't take anything down until my birthday (1/10). And we always had live trees. The year we got a balled tree my mom refused to take it down and plant it right away, so it started sprouting indoors b/c it thought it was spring. If we'd planted it then it would have died, so we had to keep it inside until it really was spring.

Originally posted by DCJenn
                  I think we'll go look at the well decorated RiverWalk this weekend.
                  It should look awesome! They were starting to decorate the weekend we were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug122
                    well, can you count a christmas dish towel decorating?
                    Yes you can and Yes I do!
                    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Jane,

BTW- your signature is hysterical!!!!!!!! made me smile.
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I think Christmas decorating is whatever you want it to be, so if it's a dish towel this year for you, rock on!

One year I made a 2-dimensional tree out green construction paper that I taped to the wall. I don't remember what possessed me to do that, exactly, but I thought it was very cute!

Comment

All of you and your fancy wreaths and holiday towels....I've got nothing and we are hosting Christmas dinner...how pitiful! What's a lazy, broke, overworked medwife with a husband on Neuro rotation supposed to do...
                          Danielle
                          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Tenacious D
                            All of you and your fancy wreaths and holiday towels....I've got nothing and we are hosting Christmas dinner...how pitiful! What's a lazy, broke, overworked medwife with a husband on Neuro rotation supposed to do...
                            Ask your guests to bring decorations, or else no dinner for them!

Comment

Working...
                            X