Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

for the love of God....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the love of God....

DH is on call 20 miles away. He is carless due to hitting some ice a few days ago. it snowed like no other last night and there is no telling what the roads are like between me and him right now. I'm too chicken to drive to him. I'm here all alone with the cats and there is some creature digging and making it's way as hard as it can into this bedroom i'm in! i dont know what it is. i dont want to know what it is. it's been going on since 12am and now it's 3:48 and i'm terrified and clueless as to what to freakin do!!! i can't even tell you how much fear i have for rodents. i can't even stand the hamsters in the pet stores. ohhh lord say a prayer i make it through and that DH makes it home on the 7am train and back home.

thanks for letting me rant while crazed and terrified.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: for the love of God....

OH....UGH..... :thud: We had a few nights like that in Florida (minus the snow) with our rental house. I'll spare you the rodent details but I used to not be able to sleep well at all when dh was gone. When my mom was visiting us once, she was sleeping in the living room and heard "the noises" and actually thought someone was trying to break into the house. She was so scared that she kept trying to scream and couldn't...and finally broke out with a blood curdling scream. (I'm not laughing, really ). Thomas and I came running into the living room only to have us all face rodent extraordinaire...and...we were more afraid of it than it was of us.

Call the exterminator....and I hope tonight you will be able to sleep a little better.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Get a cat!!!!!!!

I hate rodents too. I have two cats so really no problem for us. Will leaving the lights and TV or radio on keep them away?
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks for those stories... glad you ladies can relate. When I was 5 years old my cousin was babysitting me and a possum had chewed its way into our house. My cousin must have been about 18-19 at the time and she was FREAKED out and I was screaming like no other. We just stood on the back of the couch until (thankfully) my mom came home like 3 minutes later! Ever since then I am freaked out by anything rat like. An angle Bob the exterminator came over from Derby and took care of the situation today. And lucky me didn't even have to drive the 3 miles to get DH from the train station this morning! His intern offered him a ride from Waterbury. Gold stars for the intern! :wee:

Ok off to take my today’s trash out so the creatures don't get any ideas....
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
        X