Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When Recycling Goes Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Recycling Goes Wrong

In my lovely little town we don't have pickup for our recyclables. Once a week I haul all of the stuff in bins to a county site about 8 miles away. Yesterday DH went on a fishing trip to Michigan. I had awoken with a temporal migraine so DH loaded my van. Later that day I got around to doing errands and dumped everything. DH is quite lazy and is known not to break down the boxes and the way I was feeling I did not want to bother so in they went. Fast forward to this morning....

I get up this morning and get the girls ready for school. It is cold and rainy and my head still hurts. All I can think about is my warm bed. So after dropping them off (still in my jammies) I close the curtains and crawl in to bed. Tonight is the much awaited but dreaded by me Hannah Montana concert, so all I want is a couple hours sleep. As I drift off I am thinking about the Hannah Montana DVD game I got DD for Xmas, and it hits me like a Mack truck-the boxes that I threw in the bins yesterday were the boxes full of presents I picked up at Walmart last week. I had left them in the back of the van so the girls would not see. DH did not take them out.

So if you hear a story of a lady digging through the county recycling with her fat ass sticking out of the dumpster, that was me. Fortunately they were at the bottom of the bin, and I saved my self over $400.

Moral of the story...Break down boxes before you recycle.

Re: When Recycling Goes Wrong

Oh no - I would freak! I'm sure you did. I'm glad you got them back though. :banghead:
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Oy! And all while you're doing such a good thing by making the extra effort to recycle!

Enjoy the concert??

Comment

Local pickup is so key. It is wonderful- we never ever had it until we moved out here. I hope you get it soon!

Glad you found all your stuff, but wow! Hope you feel better.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

O. M. G

I'm so glad that you recovered them! Did you have someone take pictures? That's almost one for the record books.

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Holy crap I would have lost it! I'm glad you were able to recover the presents. Enjoy your concert tonight :>

Comment

Ugh - that initial feeling of, OMG ... what did I *DO* is the worst. I'm glad you were at least able to recover them, and good for you for doing something nice for the planet.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

As a migraine sufferer and a present hider....I feel for you...

But this has to be one of the best posts that I have seen in a while! Glad you got them back!...and hoping that you feel better too!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. In some ways it is the prototypical medical spouse story with its elements. Spouse taking care of home and family; doctor helping out but clueless on the homefront; spouse saves the day.

And one new twist: spouse doesn't berate clueless but harmless homefront interloper. Or was there an alternate ending you're not sharing?

Comment

I am so sorry, but that really is a great MSN story. I think you need some kind of prize. Nellie, do you still have a picture of the garbage can? We could virtually present it as an award.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

No alternate ending. He still has no clue as he is off fishing in the freezing cold in Michigan and his cell coverage is iffy at best. I really can't blame him. He just piled up all the stuff on top of the boxes. Any other day I probably would have caught it but the way my day was going yesterday and today, I am lucky I didn't throw my kids in the bins too.

Of course the day just got better. The school called to tell me my oldest DD had a temp of 102 so I had to go get her. So, with no sitter around and DH gone, I hauled my 2 DDs and a friend who just got diagnosed with strep to see the lovely Hannah Montana. Of course the drive is an hour each way. Traffic in Downtown Columbus is crazy. There are Limos everywhere and little girls with blonde wigs running through the streets. The noise was so deafening I do believe my spine is bleeding. Fast forward to us leaving 20 minutes before the show was over . All 3 girls were just sitting there staring into space while the frenzy ensued. Never again, I swear it.

Comment

Yikes! Love the recycling story, hope you are feeling better!

Comment

Who IS this Hannah Montana person, exactly? She's a teen singer, right? Good grief, ticket scalping for some concert she gave to a primarily preteen audience almost resulted in a riot a couple of months ago. Not the preteens, mind you. The PARENTS. Psycho.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG

I bet you freaked out. I'm so glad that you were able to get the gifts fished out of he dumpster! I really hope your week improves.
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                              Who IS this Hannah Montana person, exactly? She's a teen singer, right? Good grief, ticket scalping for some concert she gave to a primarily preteen audience almost resulted in a riot a couple of months ago. Not the preteens, mind you. The PARENTS. Psycho.
                              You are joking, right Abigail? Who is the Hannah Montana????????????
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X