Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

online gift shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online gift shopping

Does anyone have any favorite online stores to buy gifts?

I don't want to step foot in a mall this season!

I just discovered redenvelope.com, and overstock.com which has free shipping for the next week. How great (and easy) is that?!

Re: online gift shopping

I shop through MyPoints.com when I can. I also buy a lot from Amazon.com. Most of the gifts we've bought have been from the mall or Target though.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Yes, I have a great Amazon.com story.

The Wednesday after Black friday, we had several packages not show up. I presume that they were stolen off of our front porch. When I contacted one retailer, Abbey Press, they pretty much said "not our problem". Barnes and Nobles ran a UPS trace which has yet to be resolved over two weeks later. A personal package from a friend was just lost. However, the clear customer service winner was Amazon.com, who IMMEDIATELY resent everything, no questions asked. This move won them a customer for life.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
        Yes, I have a great Amazon.com story.

The Wednesday after Black friday, we had several packages not show up. I presume that they were stolen off of our front porch. When I contacted one retailer, Abbey Press, they pretty much said "not our problem". Barnes and Nobles ran a UPS trace which has yet to be resolved over two weeks later. A personal package from a friend was just lost. However, the clear customer service winner was Amazon.com, who IMMEDIATELY resent everything, no questions asked. This move won them a customer for life.

Kelly
        That's great. I have had great customer service from them too. The kids have a wish list and our family has ordered most of their gifts for the past 5 years from them.

Comment

Originally posted by KarrotKake22
          Does anyone have any favorite online stores to buy gifts?

I don't want to step foot in a mall this season!

I just discovered redenvelope.com, and overstock.com which has free shipping for the next week. How great (and easy) is that?!
          both of those are also on ebates, so if you go to ebates 1st, sign up and then select those stores from the list, you'll also get a percentage of your purchase back.

http://www.ebates.com

Comment

I did all of my gift shopping at the following online retailers-

amazon.com
            http://www.woodentrain.com
            ftd.com (I get my grandmother's the mini Christmas trees every year)
            http://www.apeainthepod.com (SIL's gift)
            and finally my go to clutch store is overstock. I'm a member of the O club so I get all of my shipping for free.

Jenn

Comment

cool! free shipping is THE BEST. thanks for the good tips.

Comment

I love Amazon as well -- they once covered the cost of a "lost" Christmas package that was actually signed for and received by an evil neighbor. We had just moved here and I was beside myself that another person would actually TAKE my ordered software. :fight: After Office Max told me tough noogies (basically) Amazon stepped up and refunded my money. LOVE that.

I like Uncommon Goods for interesting gifts. THey are like Red Envelope, but not. I'm ordering a few things from there.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I also like Amazon, RedEnvelope, and Uncommon Goods. Amazon is usually my starting point for most things and RedEnvelope is my starting point for nicer gifts.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I love uncommongoods as well. They're my go to wedding present site.

Jenn

Comment

Another lover of Amazon and their customer service. Red Envelope and drugstore.com are also great at reshipping no questions asked.

Comment

drugstore.com is also on ebates ...

Comment

I love ebates!

I already have $5 stashed up, plus the $9 I'll save on shipping, plus 6% back I'll get on my purchase of $150 or so. That's sweet.

Comment

I do 90% of my shopping online and rarely have to pay for shipping. The UPS man visits our house so often that he's practically become a part of the family.

I've reached the point where I hate going to the mall. I just don't have the patience any longer for the crowds, poor customer service, and going only to find that what I want is not in stock. And it is sooooo much easier to shop online than to schlep DS from store to store.

Comment

Amazon.com and eBay are my favorites. I always start there.

Comment

Working...
                              X