Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army

My daughter's boyfriend graduates from college this month. He is Army ROTC. In January he goes to "Officer Candidate" school (I think that is what it is called). I need some ideas for a graduation gift.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Army

hooah.

Well, as a newly minted 2nd Lt, he's clueless. (he doesn't know that he's clueless but really, like all newly minted college graduates, he doesn't know what he doesn't know.)

OCS is commonly referred to by the enlisted folk as "knife and fork school" (as in that's where they learn to eat with 'proper' silverware.)

The graduation is a much bigger deal than OCS, in the grand scheme. Celebrate that and congratulate him on completing OCS by allowing him to continue to date your daughter.

damned republicans.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks Jenn! Caroline's Christmas gift is a plane ticket to wherever he is when she has Spring break. I suppose that is a gift to him too. :huh:

I'll probably just give him $$ for graduation if I can't think of anything else.
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne, you're one heck of a MIL (or a future one). I wish I got a graduation present from my ILs (at that point future ones). Oh, wait I did, I got to take care of their son as we moved in together.

How much are you planning on giving him?

Comment

If he doesn't already have this title, he will need it:

http://www.amazon.com/Army-Officers-Gui ... 911&sr=8-3

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Of course, if they get engaged, you'll have to get her the book Service Etiquette.

It's all about how to act at tea parties and how to word invitations. (I bought it to crack myself up, really.)

But, you never know, when Bill and Hill invite us all to the White House, it's good to know which uniform to have him wear.

Jenn

Comment

I was planning on $300 for graduation. I want him to be able to get something he needs. I wish it could be more, he is pretty much on his own financialy. He is really one great guy (even if he is a little too conservative for my taste!!!!!). Seriously, if I could hand pick the guys my daughters are with, I would pick the ones they are with. As far as a Christmas gift, I'm still thinking. I found an Army Monopoly game and a key chain with the travelers parayer in it. Any advice is appreciated.
              Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                But, you never know, when Bill and Hill invite us all to the White House, it's good to know which uniform to have him wear.

Jenn
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                X