Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My fake nails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fake nails

These babies just might have to go. I can read, but I can't type. They were my little pre-holiday splurge/pamper. I love 'em...but...I can't type.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: My fake nails

Kris, you'll get used to them. Give them a few days before you give up.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
      Kris, you'll get used to them. Give them a few days before you give up.
      I've gotten so used to mine that if I break one, that's when I can't type!
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
        And I wash my hands a lot.

SO. Fake nails. Are they in or out? I think it depends on how you wear them and how well done (read: thin) they are.

Personally, I will probably not get them again because the maintenance is too annoying and frequent for me. However I can't say I will never get them again because when done well, I love how they look.
        Ditto to all of the above. I used to get them with a French manicure and LOVED how they looked. And I loved clicking them together or on the side of my glass. I felt put together ALL the time when I had them.

But, I'm poor. I think that pretty much sums up why I don't have them (and why I haven't had a manicure in 6 months.) Really though, I would rather spend the money on shoes.

Kris, give them a little time. You'll get used to them sooner than you think. I bet you look purrrrrty!

Comment

Been there done that with the nails. Working in a hospital and washing hands constantly made me not only lose the fakes but all of my own. Couldnot take Lamasil for 2 year due to pregnancy and nursing. I will never again put a fake nail on my own. If I can't grow them, I don't need them.

Comment

Just one word: MICROBES

What grows beneath those fake nails? :huh:
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
              Just one word: MICROBES

What grows beneath those fake nails? :huh:

:run: Not just the fakes but nails in general! I get the heebeejeebees just seeing long nails, fake or not, on men or women! Ewwww sorry Kris and all you other long claw people...I'm just soo not a fan! :run:

Comment

I hate fake nails. They render me useless. I have had them twice in my life. Once was for my engagement pictures, the other was for my wedding. I don't really like how they look unless they are french and done really well.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I have never had fake nails. I really don't think I could stand it, and now that Luanne throws Microbes out there.... I doubt I'd ever go there...
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I won't get them again because of what they do to your real nail when you take them off. I agree that nicely done french look fine but I'll stick with my own crappy nails (which I'm sure will go back to their normal brittle selves once this baby comes).
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have no idea how people with newborns have long nails... Or people who still have to do diapers.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I really like the way they look on some folks if they aren't too long but I personally can't deal with long nails...the manicurists always give me odd looks when they see my nails..."so short." I had them for the wedding and had them removed two days after... side bar---totally grossed out by guys with long nails!!! ughh.
                        Danielle
                        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Well, I never do long nails. They are active length.....

Here:

Clearly they are nothing to write home about (and...I wouldn't make a good hand model :> )

They look pretty natural in person. They're not thick, so you have to look underneath to see that they aren't real.

As for the microbes...eeeeh...It can't be that much worse than what is under my real nails (when I have any) and I use hand sanitizer so I'm sure that cuts down. Also...Who CARES! I'm sick of having little bitten off nubs that make me look like a nervous teenager.

So...there! :>
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Those are perfect nails!! They look real and not overly gawdy! Keep 'em...on your pretty little fingers.
                            Danielle
                            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

They actually do look real. Enjoy!
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X