Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hot cocoa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot cocoa...

Instant or homemade?

If instant: with water or milk??

If homemade: what's your recipe?
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Re: Hot cocoa...

instant with milk here....we use 2 packets too for the standard holiday mug
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I usually make instant-add-water, because I'm lazy.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I steam milk. Pour dark chocolate syrup on the bottom of a mug, pour in the steamed milk, and top with the froth. My kids love it!

Comment

I use instant with water and LOTS of marshmallows!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I do steamed milk as well. I mix equal parts Droste Cocoa and sugar with hot water to make a slurry, splash in some vanilla or vanilla syrup, then pou in the steamed milk and top with froth. Good stuff according to the kids.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Instant with milk, but usually I'd rather have coffee.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What Lily said, or with frothed milk.

Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                  I use instant with water and LOTS of marshmallows!

Me too!!! I love marshmallows!!!

Comment

Instant with water - I'm lazy and on a diet.

Comment

Instant with water and lots of marshmallows and whipped cream! Last Christmas I got a hot cocoa machine that stirs and warms for me, and I love it. Now that's lazy!!!
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
                        I do steamed milk as well. I mix equal parts Droste Cocoa and sugar with hot water to make a slurry, splash in some vanilla or vanilla syrup, then pou in the steamed milk and top with froth. Good stuff according to the kids.
                        Angie's making hot chocolate for the next Cleveland get-together!

I do instant with water and marshmallows or canned whipped cream. I think anything more would be lost on my diners.

Comment

Warmed milk, with Mexican hot chocolate (It comes in what looks like candy bars and you break off the amount you need), whirled together in the VitaMix Super 5000.

Jenn

Comment

Ahhh...mexican chocolate...Yum.

That was what I did before medical life. Hot milk and the Abuelita (it's been 7 years so I hope I'm remembering this right) in a blender. Now (and for the last few years) I am supplied by my mom with Droste cocoa and do milk and minimal sugar. I like the chocolate and spice part moreso than the sweet. Someday I'll have a milk steamer. I still think its pretty funny that my mom considers it enough of a priority that she ships me the Droste.

Comment

all the homemade recipes sound delicious-- but I'm an instant with water type of gal.... But actually, I don't do cocoa much-- coffee and tea....
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X