Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello from the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the road!

Heidi's got me beat on most dedicated place to post from, but I'm stuck in a minivan for the next 12 hours - so I'm posting.

Entertain me!!!!!!!!!!!!

No? Well then I'll continue to blather.

I'm pretty pleased with how we departed this morning. 15 minutes ahead of schedule, everyone fed, house (well, 1st floor) clean, no one crying, etc. When I woke Jacob up and said "it's time to go on our trip" he said "Whoopie!"

We just realized we forgot to turn down our heat, so I'm going to go email the neighbor and ask her to do it.

Oh - and I got about 1.5 hours of sleep last night. I'm wondering how long my caffine-fueled good mood will last.

Merry Christmas all!

Re: Hello from the road!

Jen, good thing you waited to leave, you probably picked the best weather day.

Have a fabulous trip!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's truly amazing that you're able to hold your coffee, cigarette, danish, watch the dvd, apply mascara, text us, AND drive the minivan all at the same time. (completely kidding!)

Have a safe trip!

Comment

Silly! I'm actually typing on dh's laptop. I love technology!

Cheri - you're right. On Saturday I was at the weather. But yesterday was gorgeous, and today is, too. According to the weather / interstate maps online, it should be clear all the way to my dad's. That's when the storms will start ...

At the moment the boys are entralled by their Christmas presents, so hopefully the trip will stay peaceful longer than it would have otherwise. Santa brought some new movies, too. Again - holla! for technology.

Sadly my dh has gotten the boys into LOUD rock/punk. They enjoy The Hives, Ministry, Ozzy, Led Zepplin, Beastie Boys, Moby ... it's interesting. I actually like most of those, but in moderation ... not for a 12 hour road trip.

Comment

That music would drive me nuts too - stay sane!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I sure hope you'll be able to get some sleep in the car when the caffiene wears off. :P

Comment

I love technology too. I have the broadband thingy and I can get online anywhere!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Mom has one of those sprint cards for her laptop. her's is kinda slow. does yours work just as great as dsl?
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                  It's truly amazing that you're able to hold your coffee, cigarette, danish, watch the dvd, apply mascara, text us, AND drive the minivan all at the same time. (completely kidding!)

Have a safe trip!

Have fun! I'm glad you got a dry driving day.

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                    I love technology too. I have the broadband thingy and I can get online anywhere!
                    Except for B&N where you have to pay to use their WiFi.

Jenn, wow 15 hours in the car! I don't think I can last that long. I've done 12 hour flights but it was tough.

Comment

It actually won't be that long. We're on hour 8.5 and Quinn's a little whiny, but otherwise we're okay. I can't sleep in the car, so - no rest. We've only stopped twice - so we're making good time. We've made it to Indy, and although google maps says it's 4 hrs 21 min from Indy to Salesville, we're thinking 3.5 . Jacob is asleep - which is great - he was getting ornery. DH has been driving a lot, which is unusual - cars tend to have the same effect on him as they do a baby (well, not Evie ... the other effect).

To answer the broadband card question: no - not as fast as DSL, but worlds better than dial up.

Nellie - how did you get a picture of us from the road??? Spy satellites at your disposal, I suppose!

Comment

You were in INDY and didn't stop? Bad slut!
                        Needs

Comment

I'm sorry Jen! We were on a mission. Those drive-by trips are hard when they fall on a holiday!

Comment

Working...
                          X