Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Best Xmas gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Xmas gift?

What was your best gift this year?

My best gift was from Aidan. At his preschool this year, they put their kisses into a box and then wrapped them up. If I open the gift, his kiss will be released, so we decided to keep the kiss... wrapped!!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Best Xmas gift?

My husband and I just got married in May and are celebrating our first Christmas together as a married couple. We are on a strict budget this year, so we decided that we would give each other a big hug and a kiss for Christmas. It was the best present I got this year, even better than the scandalous undies my MIL got for me in hopes it would encourage us to hurry up and make some grandchildren.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
      Our new puppy!!!!
      Aw Tara, your kids are so cute!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
        Our new puppy!!!!
        Aw Tara, your kids are so cute!
        Thanks!
        They look like such happy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by locumtenenswife
          even better than the scandalous undies my MIL got for me in hopes it would encourage us to hurry up and make some grandchildren.
          Wow. I think you and alison need to talk.

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by locumtenenswife
            the scandalous undies my MIL got for me in hopes it would encourage us to hurry up and make some grandchildren.
            Can she give my MIL some pointers? The lingerie I got is so horribly matronly.

My best gift is yet to come, I'm going shopping tomorrow. :>

Comment

I really got spoiled this year. First, I got a garnet bracelet a couple of days before Christmas. DH told me it wasn't a Christmas present, but a "just because" present (I think it has something to do with me surviving a full week of his mom being here to "help" with the new baby). Then, I got a white gold and diamond bracelet that really complements my wedding ring for a "push" present.

My actual Christmas present is a weekend trip to the Indy 500. DH went with his family about 9 years ago. They had pit passes, garage passes, etc, but I wasn't invited because there were only 4 tickets. I love the Indy 500 - watch every year on the TV, but have never been. After they came back, MIL complained for about a year that she hates racing and can't believe she had to go to the Indy 500. DH finally realized that I really would have liked to go (he's kind of slow - it took about 9 years), so here we are!

For those of you not so excited about what you got, this is after years of not much of anything during med school and residency. If your spouse has a clue, he/she will make up for it someday.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Well, DH knows that I absolutely hate laundry so he bought the Duet Washer and dryer. WTF? Making it fancier won't make me like it any more. Besides our current washer and dryer are only 3 years old. I made him call the store and cancel the order.

What makes this the best present? I took the money and bought my mother in Texas a new fridge and washer she needs so badly and just won't buy for herself since Dad died. I have all I need anyway so it just made it better to do this for her.

Comment

My actual Christmas present is a weekend trip to the Indy 500.
                  Sweet!

I am a huge Indy car fan as well! I actually grew up in central IN , but have never been
                  DH has really taken a liking to it, so we may try to go this May or next!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                    My grandmother gave me her real leopard fur coat. :wee: I've been coveting it my entire life. It's a 50s swing coat that hits just below the knee. Hellloooo, dahling. Lucy loves it.
                    Ohhhh.....dahhhhlink. How fun!

Tara, your kids are super cute!

Gifts from my brother came early this morning. He sent me a 5 kilo bag of Spanish chocolate. :happyrolling: That should keep me busy for a while. It is couveture chocolate and I think that means it is best for enrobing candies, making ganache, that sort of thing. I need to ask Bonbon.

Comment

Well, SO got me a humidifier.

Seriously. He did. But I'm actually looking forward to using it because I wake up with a sore throat EVERY DAY because the air is so dry at night. And it's a really nice one, which I would never ever buy for myself. I'm using a $10 POS and uh... it doesn't work. So that was an interesting gift. He also gave me gorgeous garnet earrings, a Silpat (yay!) and a couple camera accessories.

I got a new ski outfit from my mom (coat and pants and gloves) and a new camera lens from my dad!!! Lovin' everything.

Comment

The best gifts are always those brought home by the kids. I made out well this year. DH and the kids got me a pair of running shoes, socks, umbrella, Life is Good shirts, a winter coat, an I-tunes gift card, a pizza cutter and some pj pants and wireless internet. Most of the stuff was on my list.

However, this year I got an extra-special, sentimental gift from my grandmother. A little background. My grandfather passed away this summer and I wasn't able to make it to the funeral. Bad Choice! Anyway, He was an undercover narcotics detective when I was young and his code name was "Brown Bear". I used to call him Grandpa Bear. My grandmother had a bear made out of one of his police shirts for me.
                        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                          Originally posted by Ladybug
                          My grandmother gave me her real leopard fur coat. :wee: I've been coveting it my entire life. It's a 50s swing coat that hits just below the knee. Hellloooo, dahling. Lucy loves it.
                          Ohhhh.....dahhhhlink. How fun!

Tara, your kids are super cute!

Gifts from my brother came early this morning. He sent me a 5 kilo bag of Spanish chocolate. :happyrolling: That should keep me busy for a while. It is couveture chocolate and I think that means it is best for enrobing candies, making ganache, that sort of thing. I need to ask Bonbon.
                          Did you see the ganache demo in the NYTimes?

Comment

No! What day?

Comment

DH got me a diamond necklace bought at Tiffany's (humming the Santa Baby line in my head).

It's a white gold pendant shaped like a branch of coral with eight diamonds on the ends of the coral branches. The coral symbolizes our year here on the Cape. The eight diamonds represents how many family members we have now. I LOVE it! He tries to get me thoughtful items if he buys jewelry (like my ten year anniversary ring that was a simple platinum band - Tiffany's again - with a diamond set into it for every year of our marriage at that point).

He completely surprised me as he lied and told me he hadn't had time to go out and get me something.
                              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                              With fingernails that shine like justice
                              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                              X