Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Best Xmas gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Xmas gift?

My best gift was probably the bruschetta board that was made by my uncle Mike in Maine. He does the most amazing woodwork (he works for several of the Maine yacht building companies doing the woodwork for those big fancy yachts). It's five different kinds of wood and there's a section for a small ceramic bowl (also handmade by one of his potter friends from up there)

Jenn

Comment

My cup overflowed this Christmas.

From Dh I received a new camera. It's a Nikkon. He bought a "good lense" too and it takes fabulous pictures. It's not compact -- looks like a "regular camera" but is completely digital so as I learn more I can erase my mistakes. Of course I have no idea what the model is... but you get the gist. I'm all about "catching the moment" with my pictures and DH is all about "look what it can DOOOO!"

My parents gave me a PLUSH new bathrobe from Nordstroms (my old one was ) and some Ugg slippers that are soo comfy. My mom gave me my grandmother's pearls. I have loved them forever...they are tiny and grow to a larger one in the middle. The clasp is a half carrot (shaped like an eyeball...not sure the shape name) diamond so you can wear the pearls backward for a different look. Very pretty.

Those were the highlights.
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

DH gave me a wooden jewelry box that he made. I love it. The only problem is that now I need to buy more jewelry to fill it up. He also gave me a new laptop. I opened it a couple weeks early so we could take it with us on our Christmas trip.

Comment

DH got me the diamond engagement ring he never gave me when we decided to get married. He also got me a charm for my Tiffany charm bracelet.

My sister got me a Jamie Oliver cookbook I wanted.

My little cousin put together a video slide show with all our wedding pics. It was really sweet of her considering I basically missed her growing up (she was born when I was 17 so I was away at college then living in Europe by the time she remembers anything).

My mom (and dad) got me this totally lame snow village M&M house thing. Nevermind that we live in Italy and the electricity is different here so it won't work (unless I put it on a converter/transformer and it's too kitsch to even bother).

MIL got me a necklace and bracelet set (again). At least it's not hideous this year.

ETA: DH also bought me a humidifier one year for my bday for the same reason as Stella In fact it's running right now!

Comment

We all got pink eye and nasty colds!

DH gave me a picture of a blackberry and told me to pick one out. Excited about that, but which one? :huh:

Comment

We all had colds, and the baby and I both have thrush. Dh out did himself this year- it's been a dream to learn about photography, so he bought me some photography books and a Nikon D40X with an extra lens. He also bought a beautiful landscape for our living room, and told me that he would like to replace it when I'm ready with one of my own pictures.

My parents got me an ice cream maker, and ILs gave me $100 gift card to Eddie Bauer.
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

DH got me the Magellan GPS so I can get around this new city without Mapquesting everything! Love it!

Comment

DH got us tickets to see Bruce Springsteen in February! I LOVE "THE BOSS"!!! It's the first concert of the US tour! Woohoo! AND he arranged for a babysitter (this is the first time he's ever done that!). Yay!! I've been listening to Bruce nonstop since Christmas!
                  I also got a chef's knife and a really huge cutting board that I wanted. I will be chopping up a storm!
                  Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

I got a Nikon D40X too. :wee: Now I need to find a nifty backpack for the camera and lenses. Anyone have any suggestions for something that does not scream "tourist coming through" yet can carry at least a couple of lenses? :huh:
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

It was our first Christmas as hubby and wife, and DH WAY outdid himself with my gifts! I mean, he really shouldn't have, and I told him that...however, he said it's what he wanted to do. :mydoc:

He bought me this bracelet from Tiffany, http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item...+6-ri+-ni+0-t+to match my necklace and earrings that are from the same set. And, he got me the chaise that I have been drooling over for years. http://www.restorationhardware.com/r...002&navCount=2This is for my office in my work with my therapy clients, and I am so excited about it! I am opening a new multidisciplinary clinic, and he ordered this and had it delivered to the clinic as a surprise. I have a great DH!!!
                      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

shrinkjamie - DH got me a ring from the same collection as your bracelet! It was the one for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Funny how many of our dh's are particular to Tiffany jewelry for gifts. (not complainin' here.... )
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Tabula Rasa
                          shrinkjamie - DH got me a ring from the same collection as your bracelet! It was the one for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Funny how many of our dh's are particular to Tiffany jewelry for gifts. (not complainin' here.... )
                          So true! I know that the people at Tiffany's also help to make it very easy for men to buy jewelry for their wives, SO's, etc. That's why my DH loves it there so much. I'm definately not complaining, either!
                          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Working...
                          X