Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What time would you go to a party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time would you go to a party?

I would go as late as 9 or 9:30 and I would take the wine. I'm sure they would rather you show up later than not at all. I'll bet you won't even be the last ones there. I went to my neighbors last week for a party, and when I was leaving at 10:30 people were just getting there. A party that starts at 7 probably won't start to wind down til 11:00 or so.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: What time would you go to a party?

What kind of party is it? If it is a sit down dinner party, then I'd be there no later than 7:15. BUT if it is a come and go kind of party, then you can choose when you may arrive. Also, how long is the party? I ask because if the party is from say 7-9p, then you may not want to arrive at 8:45.

As far as the wine is concerned, I say take it...as long as it does not have the giver's or your name on it.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I have to agree with your mom. I can't stand it when I host a party and everyone shows up late. I think it is rude and inconsiderate to the host who may be attempting to time things like food prep. The last party we had, the first of all the guests showed up over two hours late. I was pissed.

I am always the first one to parties, but I always offer to help with final preparations and it gives us something to chat about.

Also, you mentioned they were older, which makes me think that you should be on time too.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Awww man. I was hoping my Italian neighbors here in CT(one of ALL of them) would have invited us over for a house party even if they were over 60. never happened. So glad you had a great time! I always seem to have a strangely good time hanging out with folks 20+ years older than me. LOL! Less pressure I guess.
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

It sounds like you had a nice evening without the hang-ups of a younger crowd.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
          X