Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Years Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Plans?

What are you guys doing to help ring in the new year?

My mom and brother are flying in so I think we'll all do something here at home!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: New Years Plans?

Nothing. DH is working and on call that day. I go to extremes. Either we ring in the new year with a fab party. music, dancing the works or I make sure I go to bed way before the ball drops.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My husband is on-call and after this week of food and wine, I'm ready for a salad, a two hour yoga class and an early night.

Jenn

Comment

We're going to a jazz supper club with friends to see a new trumpet player. Afterwards, we are returning to their house to do a parents vs. kids Wii competition with cake and champagne. I'm looking forward to it.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We're going to my friend Julie's house, but will probably head back to the IL's before midnight to avoid the drunks. Plus we're planning to head home on the 1st, so we don't want to be out super late.

Angie - are you going to NightTown?

Comment

No big plans here. We're gathering at MIL's for dinner and board games on New Year's Eve, and then we'll head home to put DS to bed. I'll probably be in bed shortly afterward...

New Year's Day DH switches to a new service so he'll have to round in the AM. After that, it'll probably be a college football extravaganza as Michigan is playing that day. GO BLUE!!!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We're pretty boring so no big plans here, either. Take-out and a movie, maybe. Dh already bought the sparkling cider. We will (hopefully) be finding out the sex of the baby the next day.

Comment

Dh is on call so we will be doing nothing on New Years eve. Our neighbors are having an open house on New Years Day. We will be dropping in for a visit and some football.

I know, we're pretty lame.
                Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

DH is on call as well. Should be home call though... so if our other friends are not on call or at least on home call, we might have a dinner like last year (us arguing with another couple while both standing in two different supermarkets on cell phones at 6:30PM about who was going to cook that evening ).

If he ends up going in, I will probably do nothing with the cats.

Comment

Good question. If our friends who live a few blocks away don't host, I think we'll do appetizers and movies for just the two of us here. DW works during the day and on New Year's Day. Stuffing ourselves with appetizers or having a small group of friends at our place has been our thing for the last several years. However, the giant hole in our kitchen ceiling (still waiting on the shower repair / structural remodel) will definitely keep us from having people at our place.

Good question though. Because if the invite doesn't come soon, I need to seek out some appetizer recipes and head to the grocery store.

Angie's Wii battle sounds awesome. At the ILs we were all addicted to Guitar Hero. I made sure everyone took a few minutes to allow me to beat them in tennis.

I'm a self-proclaimed Guitar Hero. I play with Lars Umlat (sp) and love to play KISS provided I set the difficulty level to easy so I can focus on theatrics for the crowd.

Comment

We are heading for the hills and staying with friends. Sounds like there is good snow for the kids to play in.

Comment

We don't have big plans. DH has to work that day and on New Years Day as well. We just planned on our favorite snacks, the new Wii and hanging out with the kids until they can't stay awake anymore.
                        Needs

Comment

Probably staying home and doing nothing. I've just started potty training with the two-year-old so I'll probably just be cleaning up poop stains from the carpet.

Comment

On New Year's Eve, we will be in FL with my Dad, well, not really with my Dad because he will be playing a gig somewhere, (perhaps with Mr. Lucky ) but we will be hanging out in his condo. I probably need to think of *something* to do with the kids! Maybe a new dvd and some pizza?

We will head to Orlando on the 1st and start our Disney extravaganza on the 2nd.

Sally
                            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

A group of 10 is headed to my cabin in Snowshoe for a couple days of skiing and celebrating, playing pool, and hanging out in the hot tub while overlooking snow covered mountain tops. We head up tomorrow (12/30) and are coming back on 1/2. We are also going to watch the Gator Bowl (GO HOOS!!!) on New Years Day. I'm going to be cooking every morning and night and New years Eve dinner includes a 14 lb turkey, roasted red potatoes, broccoli with cheese sauces, and Caesar salad. Evening appetizers as we party on include nachos and a chocolate fondue fountain! We bought six magnums of champagne, a ton of beer, and wine and liquor! We're having a party, baby!

Here are some photos of my cabin! (Sylvia, are you enticed enough to come visit me there yet?? )

Comment

Working...
                              X