Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Did someone download Alexa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did someone download Alexa?

I've had it for awhile and our ranking has been at 9 million something.....our traffic hasn't changed and alexa ranking is pretty much based on visitors who have the toolbar...We have gone in 3 months from 9 million to 1.8 million. That's an increase of +700%

whoa.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Did someone download Alexa?

I'm sorry, Kris ... I read and re-read your post but I can't make heads or tails of it ... I have no idea what you're talking about here.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Whaaaat?

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

How could I download Heidi's kid??

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
          How could I download Heidi's kid??
          Alex i a. There's an "i" in there. Anyway, . I have no idea what she's talking about, and I am a computer dork, but I assume it has something to do with hits and rankings of internet users to this website, akin to Nielsen ratings on t.v.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I know, I know. I was just trying to be funny. :huh:

Comment

Okay, okay. You're forgiven. I get a lot of "Alexis" for her, so I'm sensitive about it where I shouldn't be. I'm the one who chose to name her the weirdo name. I have to reap the consequences, I guess. Still love it tho.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Do you mean 1.8 billion? Cuz' 9 million to 1.8 million would be a drop, right?

Kris

Comment

O.K. I confess, I've been spending waaay to much time on the internet. I'm responsible for about 100,000 of those extra hits. (Note to self--Step away from the computer).

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Clearly, it's none of you guys Alexa is a toolbar that can be downloaded...it basically just gives traffic stats for a website...but it only provides stats on the people with the dorky little toolbars who visit...not everyone else. Our traffic has remained the same, but we've had like a 700% jump in numbers or something.....Maybe the newbies have the gadgets!

I just thought it was funny.

Kris

Comment

OK....you silly people. :> Here's what I think Kris is talking about. If you have the Alexa toolbar on your computer, Alexa gathers data about the websites you visit. Thoses stats are available to Kris for this site - but they only make ranking among the Alexa user population. We (iMSN) used to be ranked at 9 million. As in...9 millionth place. Now, we are ranked at 1.8 millionth place. A substational improvement!!

These stats probably do not give an accurate view of usage because it is such a limited sample, but noticing a huge improvement over only three months would indicate that
                      1) Alexa has changed their methodology....
                      2) Fluke in the system....
                      or
                      *drumroll*
                      3) There are a larger percentage of Alexa users travelling the iMSN boards.

Cross posted with Kris!

Hence the original question....Did anyone who is on here regularly download the Alexa toolbar and jump in to their data pool?

I go with ttheory number one. I think they must have changed their methodology - or can't accurately rate the millionth places in their internet rankings.

You may now return to your silliness....
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Yep...I was just curious. We have the counter on the site and I haven't paid it much attention in months...suddenly, the number changed dramatically and I got curious and looked and saw the change....there must be a couple of people logging in with that capability.

Anyway, it isn't important...more of a curiosity.

Kris

Comment

Working...
                        X