Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Winter boredom buster....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter boredom buster....

Originally posted by Ladybug
    What's your biggest pet peeve?
    When people tell me I have to do something. As in, "You have to buy a new house," "You have to have at least 2 kids," "You have to have lots of property," "You have to have at least 1 SUV," "You have to do whatever it is I did, so I can justify my choices."

I wish people would just voice these opinions as they are, just opinions and not rules set in stone. I admit that I'm guilty of doing this myself but not when it comes to life altering decision or big purchases, more along the lines of, "If you go to X restaurant, you have to try their salmon," or "You have to give stylish shoes at least one chance."

And to answer Pollyanna's question, my favorite at home meals involves good company, a great bottle of wine and a new recipe that came out great on the first try.

If you had the means, would you spend $200+ on a pair of jeans that would slim you down in all the right places and make you look 10 pounds lighter and 10 years younger? Or would you rather spend that money on improving yourself from the neck up and get Botox?

Comment

I'd take the $200 and hire my trainer for four more hours.

Jenn

Comment

What's the next question? :huh:
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

If you had to pick, would you rather live on a 4000 acre farm in North Dakota or a 400 square foot apartment in Manhattan?

Jenn

Comment

Dolphins. I have a tatoo of 3 of them on my back and DH took me to swim with them a few years ago.

First luxury item you bought once your spouse became an attending, or will buy once this happens?

Comment

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
              First luxury item you bought once your spouse became an attending, or will buy once this happens?
              We lease a second car - Acura TSX.

What is your all-time favorite dessert?

Comment

PC

What was your favorite class in high school/college?
                Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
                  What was your favorite class in high school/college?
                  In HS it was AP European History in college - post-Soviet Russian lit.

What is your favorite season and why?

Comment

Favorite Season is summer time! I love the heat and being outdoors. All the sunshine lifts my spirits.

As for Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, that's tough I really like them both. I think as a kid I liked Donald better, but as an adult, I like Mickey. I like Minney Mouse better than both though!

Ok since I'm thinking Disney, what's your favorite Disney movie and why?

Comment

I grew up with two siblings, and I am the oldest. Shocking, I know.

Name a food you used to hate a a child but have grown to like, if not love.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I have always HATED brussel sprouts until this year. Thanks to Suz / pinkpickles I now actually like them.

If you had to choose, would you have dogs or cats?
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Growing up a was in a single cat household. Now that I have two of each I can't pick. Petey and I have a relationship that is beyond disgusting. I love, love, LOVE my dog. I brush his teeth and give him baths with shampoo that costs twice what I pay for my shampoo. He and I have talks and he 'gets' me. (He's a Democrat by the way. Honey? We're not so sure. She may be a Ron Paul supporter)

My kitties are fab- Darla and Trouble are snuggly kitties and there is nothing like a kittie purr to put me to sleep. Darla and I have been through a lot. She's the only one who has moved with me every single time. She's an ass, too and I love her for it.

I can't pick. Generally, I'd say cats more than dogs but Petey? He's my true doggie love.

Jenn

Oh the question- what is the subject of your sit up at night in a cold sweat nightmare?

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                            Growing up a was in a single cat household. Now that I have two of each I can't pick. Petey and I have a relationship that is beyond disgusting. I love, love, LOVE my dog. I brush his teeth and give him baths with shampoo that costs twice what I pay for my shampoo. He and I have talks and he 'gets' me. (He's a Democrat by the way. Honey? We're not so sure. She may be a Ron Paul supporter)

My kitties are fab- Darla and Trouble are snuggly kitties and there is nothing like a kittie purr to put me to sleep. Darla and I have been through a lot. She's the only one who has moved with me every single time. She's an ass, too and I love her for it.

I can't pick. Generally, I'd say cats more than dogs but Petey? He's my true doggie love.

Jenn

Oh the question- what is the subject of your sit up at night in a cold sweat nightmare?
                            Last year for some reason I was having dreams where I was at the funerals of people I knew. I would wake up crying and hysterical.

What is your favorite city to visit or one you lived in and why??
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

What is your favorite city to visit or one you lived in and why??
                              NY will always be my first and only true love (at least as far as cities are concerned). DH have traveled extensively and as much as we like our local local, NY will always be the best city on Earth to us. NY has a little of everything and can satisfy any kind of craving 24/7, no other place can possibly compare.

What is the oldest piece of clothing you own and why do you still have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69

What is the oldest piece of clothing you own and why do you still have it?
                                I still have my volleball sweatshirt from college. It's so old, my maiden name has been erased from the back. I keep it because it's so comfy.

Lets pretend you can act. What part, past or present would you LOVE to play?
                                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                                X