Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's a small world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a small world

So, my mom grew up w/ this guy- he's a few years older than she. They were supposed to go out but he blew her off and she went to Homecoming with my dad instead:

The Bush administration paid a $5 million reward to a former Minnesota flight instructor who provided authorities with information that led to the arrest and conviction of 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui.

The recipient, Clarence Prevost, was honored Thursday at a closed-door ceremony at the State Department, although the payout was secretly authorized last fall by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and the Justice Department, U.S. officials told The Associated Press.

The reward from the State Department's "Rewards for Justice" program is the first and only one to date to a U.S. citizen related to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the officials said.

Jenn

Re: It's a small world

"It's a world of laughter, a world of tears" has never seemed QUITE so appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
      Heh, one of the lawyers I work for attended that ceremony.
      It IS a very small world.

I wonder how many of us have some connection other than this board. You know, like - what's the saying?? six degrees of separation??? :huh:
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Well, seeing how we're all married/dating medical people and medicine is a pretty small world - the liklihood is that many of us DO have close degrees of seperation.

I can think of a couple of people on this site that I most likely only have maybe three degrees of seperation with.
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Sally's husband and my husband knew each other before we knew each other. (her husband was in his last year of residency in OB/GYN and my husband was in his intern year (peds).

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            Sally's husband and my husband knew each other before we knew each other. (her husband was in his last year of residency in OB/GYN and my husband was in his intern year (peds).

Jenn

I went to high school with spottydog's dh. We had German together *and* he signed my yearbook (it was a large hs)!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I
              went to high school with spottydog's dh. We had German together *and* he signed my yearbook (it was a large hs)!
              So, what did he write in your yearbook? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by uvagradk
                I
                went to high school with spottydog's dh. We had German together *and* he signed my yearbook (it was a large hs)!
                So, what did he write in your yearbook? Inquiring minds want to know.
                I looked him up when I visited my parents recently (they have my yearbooks). He took up a whole lot of space, but didn't write much. There are quite a few people from our high school class who went on to become physicians.
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                X