Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Girl Scout Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Scout Cookies

I thought we were going to escape Thin Mint free this year (since I can eat a sleeve of those bad boys w/ a glass of milk in about 10 minutes, if I sip the milk). but no, Dr. Sweet Tooth brought home a box of Thin Mints and the new one "Thank Yous". I have to say the TYs are quite delicious. They're a shortbread cookie that have been dipped in chocolate. (and have Thank You in one of several languages on each cookie- not Russian, FYI) The nice thing is that unlike regular sized GS cookies, these are a little bigger so I really can just have one and not feel annoyed by it.

?enn

Re: Girl Scout Cookies

OH.... is it that time of year??? yummmmmm, thin mints and dosedos!!!

Comment

:mmm:

Yum..Samoas - although I think they've changed the name of these.

Comment

I bought a box of thin mints
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

For those who missed out on the sale, I am the leader for my DD troop so arrangements can be made to satisfy your sweet tooth. Just let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by trisha2486
            For those who missed out on the sale, I am the leader for my DD troop so arrangements can be made to satisfy your sweet tooth. Just let me know!
            Did not need this info. Before you know it, I'll be in for a whole case.

It makes me want to go to Walmart after school gets out. I know those scouts will be there. Not that I am easily suggestable or anything.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
              :mmm:

Yum..Samoas - although I think they've changed the name of these.
              Those are my absolute favorites, too. Love love love them. So so so bad for me.

They're called two different things in different parts of the country; it depends on which of the two big girl-scout-cookie bakeries your area is served by (I did some research on this a few years back ). So the name hasn't changed, but when you moved, you might have moved from one service area to another. :huh:

I did see a half gallon of samoas ice cream at Zagaras on Lee when I was there a few days ago. I was sorely tempted, but managed to leave it there.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Jeez Tara-

Where were you when I was hoofing it door to door in the old days?

Jenn

Comment

THat's a brilliant idea Julia. I don't know when I have to start selling those things, but... I'm dreading it. I hate selling stuff. I may have to send DH out around the neighborhood with Izzy to get it done!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

When I sold Camp Fire mints in the late 70's/early 80's, my mom would always park us outside liquor stores (in Washington state, nothing but beer and wine is sold in groceries, separate state-run liquor stores only for everything harder).

Seemed to work pretty well.
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Sandy, that is hilarious! You probably didn't have much competition there.

Comment

Working...
                      X