Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Forum is finally done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking a look

At your convenience if you can 8)
    It worked before, so I was just wondering if we'd changed something during the move?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Re: taking a look

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
      It worked before, so I was just wondering if we'd changed something during the move?

Kris
      Kris,

I can't think of any changes made to the calendar script during the move. Tell me exactly how it is messing up.

Thanx!
      Ron
      8O

Comment

Re: taking a look

Kris
        Kris,

I did a bit of fiddling with the Calendar script. See if it works for you now.

Cheers!
        Ron

Comment

Newsletter?

Hi,

The site looks great! I had a question about the newsletter section....I filled our my name/address and the questionnaire but when I hit 'submit' nothing seemed to happen. I'm not sure if it went through or not. Adding a little note like "Thank you for your interest in our newsletter" will let people know they've been taken care of.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Jill

Comment

newsletter

Jill,

Actually, the newsletter thingy in the website signup was something that I was trying to change. Since it is being mailed to people's homes and not emailed for the most part, I needed to be able to have people give their name and address...

I tried to change this script and ended up screwing up the page 8O Ron was hard at work on the forums and portal while I played with the website software and so I didn't want to bother him with the website changes. I didn't want to take advantage of his generosity (not that this is a cry for help or anything... ).

In any case, until I'm able to figure out how to add the address information into the website sign-up, you have to click on the newsletter link on the main page and then submit the data that way....

Sorry about that.....

Comment

Re: Calendar

Well, it didn't really fix it...I'm sorry. I'm not sure what happened. You used to be able to click on the calendar and then there were little arrows on the bottom that took you forwards or backwards...so that you could view any month...For example, there is a symposium listed in November and you used to be able to scan to november and see things listed for that month. Now, we can only see the month that we are in...

hmmmm I'm not sure of what could have caused the change either....Also, if you try and list something about the date...ie the description, it doesn't show up....... :

Kris

Comment

calendar

Check out the arrows and then the format of things that are posted by clicking on a date with something listed at

http://www.mx-system.com/modules/mx_cal ... dule_id=12

I can email the developer and ask him? It's probably something really easy to fix.... hahahahahahaha

kris

Comment

Newsletter

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your quick reply. All the newsletter links I can find link to that same page with the survey and the not-working-right-now submit button, unless I'm missing something.

I can just e-mail you directly if that's easiest!

Thanks again.

Comment

newlsetter

Well, holy cow, Jill...the submit button isn't working anymore That explains why I've had no new submissions this past month!!! Email me your info and I'll play around with the newsletter thingy...THANK YOU so much for telling me this!!!!

Kris

Comment

Re: newlsetter

Well, holy cow, Jill...the submit button isn't working anymore That explains why I've had no new submissions this past month!!! Email me your info and I'll play around with the newsletter thingy...THANK YOU so much for telling me this!!!!

Kris
                      These almost sound like cookie problems, Kris. Make sure you have cookies enabled for all your website pages and make sure any firewalls you have running aren't blocking the cookies. As an example, if you can't see my head spinning in my avatar, you may be blocking cookies.

Cheers!
                      Ron

Comment

Hmmmm

Cookies......I'll have to take a look....thanks for the suggestion!!!! 8) How do I find out if I have cookies enabled?

The calendar also works when you are logged in, .... you can move to the next month, etc...but an error page occurs if you try to edit an entry...and it just won't show the topic of the post....The only one that worked was the one that I did initially...a conference in November. I added Christmas, for example and as the message wrote Merry Christmas everyone...but all that shows up is a message stating "this is what people will see in the search engine" : : Any idea?

I'm going to snoop around in the phpNuke and the backend and see if I can't figure out the cookies thing

Kris

Comment

Re: Hmmmm

Cookies......I'll have to take a look....thanks for the suggestion!!!! 8) How do I find out if I have cookies enabled?

The calendar also works when you are logged in, .... you can move to the next month, etc...but an error page occurs if you try to edit an entry...and it just won't show the topic of the post....The only one that worked was the one that I did initially...a conference in November. I added Christmas, for example and as the message wrote Merry Christmas everyone...but all that shows up is a message stating "this is what people will see in the search engine" : : Any idea?

I'm going to snoop around in the phpNuke and the backend and see if I can't figure out the cookies thing

Kris
                          Are you using phpNuke or PostNuke? And which version?

Ron

Comment

website

Well, I'm using phpnuke...I'm not sure which version it is because it was pre-installed on my webhost....It appears that it has been updated a couple of times.

I'm going to shoot over to the forum there and see what they have to say. For some reason, you can't rate the links either and if you are able then it doesn't show up....(I need a smiley throwing a computer to insert here!)

Anyway...take your time.....

Kris

Comment

Re: website

Well, I'm using phpnuke...I'm not sure which version it is because it was pre-installed on my webhost....It appears that it has been updated a couple of times.

I'm going to shoot over to the forum there and see what they have to say. For some reason, you can't rate the links either and if you are able then it doesn't show up....(I need a smiley throwing a computer to insert here!)

Anyway...take your time.....

Kris
                              Kris,

Okay..I think I have the Calendar and the Movie Reviews fixed. What's next highest on your list of 'fix-its'?

Cheers!
                              Ron

Comment

Re: Newsletter

Originally posted by jillflower
                                Hi Kris,

Thanks for your quick reply. All the newsletter links I can find link to that same page with the survey and the not-working-right-now submit button, unless I'm missing something.

I can just e-mail you directly if that's easiest!

Thanks again.
                                jillflower,

Which 'newsletter link' isn't working? I'll take a peek at it.

Cheers!
                                Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X