Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

when is the real estate market supposed to improve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when is the real estate market supposed to improve?

We've had three showings in the first week, which really surprised me. I thought it would be months before anyone showed interest. Of course, no one's bought it yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by Makai
      I have my fingers crossed for you, Cumberland. I hope things pick up once March rolls around and the new residents start househunting.
      Will your DH's GME office send an email about the house to current residents now and the new ones in March?

Comment

Seriously - post on SDN, too. I am truly convinced that that is what finally sold my house.

Comment

We posted on SDN. I'm not sure what the policy is on emailing info to the incoming residents....

Comment

I didnt know you could post on SDN, I will try that. The GME office will let you include a flyer in the packet they send to new residents, I will try that too.
            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

In our middle of nowhere PA (although locals tend to get upset when we call it that), the prices for older homes not in developments have dropped significantly (around 20-25%) but the prices for new constructions haven't dropped at all. The construction boom did slow down but I have no idea how they can still be asking sky-high prices in this market. Luckily we like older homes, so this spring/summer will be a good time for us to buy. I've also noticed that while independent stores have been closing down in our local malls, chains are continueing to do really well.

Manhattan real estate market is still going strong and doesn't seem to be affected by anything. The boroughs are slowing down though (nicer areas are dropping ever so slightly and poorer ones going into full foreclosure).

Comment

Originally posted by mariolatry
                We posted on SDN. I'm not sure what the policy is on emailing info to the incoming residents....

I would absolutely love to have the opportunity to buy an outgoing resident's home. I'm totally with oceanchild and am a bit evil for my glee at the lowering prices. We're looking at moving in the next few months and have been pleasantly surprised at the prices we're seeing.

I'll have to check out the posts on SDN, too. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

If anyone matches here let me know, there is a website with resident houses for sale on it.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We've had three showings in the first week, which really surprised me.
                    We had two showings in the first two days- we were surprised too... and we have only been on a week.

BTW, the people that came in while we were emptying the groceries bought the house down the road (3bd/2bth)...they must have been wanting something smaller, oh well.

Comment

Okay, so the 18 year old cat has vomited and sharpened his claws on the new carpeting on the steps.

We have to keep this place nice until we sell and move!

We bought a gate to shut him upstairs in a loft area (his favorite part of the house)... but when we came home he had gotten out (leaped through the banister to the steps I guess). It would be hard to keep him locked up completely away from the new carpeting... maybe in a bathroom... but he would bang on the door and the kids would forget to leave him in there.

AAAHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

ugh. You may have to keep him in a crate when you're gone? :huh:

kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                          ugh. You may have to keep him in a crate when you're gone? :huh:

kris
                          Maybe we'll have to do that. He is spiteful, so I hope he wouldn't start peeing everywhere to get back at us!

Comment

Our house is finally ready to show.

Last night we showed it to a couple who have been house sitting/renting a block away for 2 years and want to stay in the neighborhood but can't stay in that house. They were really sweet and think our selling price is "phenomenal" and the house is "beautiful". There hasn't been a house for this price in this neighborhood for a few years. It's a little smaller than the others, but just as nice. Also, great location across the street from a playground and 5 houses down the street from beach.

I have worked really hard the last couple of weeks to follow the advice in the book "Dress Your House for Success"... mostly... some of it was a little too cheesy, but most of it I did and it ended up looking great. Now I am stressed trying to keep everything beautiful while actually living in it!

Oh, if only this couple will buy it! Otherwise we will be listing the week after Easter.

Comment

Good luck!

We have been sitting....waiting....patiently....

Comment

Originally posted by gmdcblack
                                Good luck!

We have been sitting....waiting....patiently....

Is your house on the market right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X