Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

when is the real estate market supposed to improve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when is the real estate market supposed to improve?

I'm with oceanchild as well. Since we have another year before the start of residency, I am totally fine with prices dropping a bit further. And then, because the world must obey my every whim, prices must stablize and gain before we sell.
    Kris

Comment

I am pulling for all of your houses to sell. Crossing every available body part. If I die and go to hell, one of my punishments will be having to have my house ready to show at all times while children still live in it.
      Additional punishments include Dr. Laura Schlessinger as a roommate, Crosspoint, eternal surgical training, to name a few.

Actually, I have kind of a weird habit of compiling a list of items describing what my particular brand of hell looks like.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand, you guys are not in an enviable position. I'm still trying to repress home selling memories.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Well, once we find out where the hell we'll be going for DH's residency, I'll do my part to help jump-start the housing industry. We've just been approved for a home loan, conditional on DH's graduation and match.

to us.

Comment

Our house went on last weekend. We had one showing right away. They wanted to come at 7:30 on Tuesday night. DH was at a conference (of course). I complete the last home repairs, get house in pristine and sterile condition. Take 3 children 5 years and under out to eat. Drive around until they fall asleep in the car.

The next day we get feedback from our realtor. Turns out the showing was just some Realtor who lives in our neighborhood who will be listing his house soon and wanted to scope out the situation Lovely. Like I would have agreed to that bullshit on a school night had I known this was not a potential buyer. Infuriating.
          Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Malpka
            Our house went on last weekend. We had one showing right away. They wanted to come at 7:30 on Tuesday night. DH was at a conference (of course). I complete the last home repairs, get house in pristine and sterile condition. Take 3 children 5 years and under out to eat. Drive around until they fall asleep in the car.

The next day we get feedback from our realtor. Turns out the showing was just some Realtor who lives in our neighborhood who will be listing his house soon and wanted to scope out the situation Lovely. Like I would have agreed to that bullshit on a school night had I known this was not a potential buyer. Infuriating.
            That is crummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Malpka
              Turns out the showing was just some Realtor who lives in our neighborhood who will be listing his house soon and wanted to scope out the situation Lovely. Like I would have agreed to that bullshit on a school night had I known this was not a potential buyer. Infuriating.

What a jerk! Isn't there a way to weed out Looky-Lous who are scoping out the competition versus people actually wanting to buy a home?

Total

Comment

That reminds me Malpka- I am visiting my sister this weekend, I will do a drive by of your new house!
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Thanks guys. My Realtor was miffed as well. He really did not know about the appointment ahead of time. I got good feedback from the guy, and don't mind even that he wanted to look. However, there was no need for him to come at that particular time that was so inconvenient if he just wanted a look-see

Sue Anne-
                  Sent you a PM with the new address
                  Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Is your house on the market right now?
                    Yep, 32 days- 5 showings- twice to the same guy.

Sorry to hear about the pimpin' from the "neighbor".

One of the showings for our house, someone used our bathroom- #2. No response on the feedback from that group... go figure.

Here is a link to realtor.com and our home....
                    http://www.realtor.com/search/listingde ... =23#Detail

The pictures really don't do it justice...but what are you gonna do...

Comment

Originally posted by gmdcblack

One of the showings for our house, someone used our bathroom- #2.

Ewwww.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot

Ewwww.

WTH?? That is bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                          Originally posted by diggitydot

Ewwww.

WTH?? That is bizarre.
                          Reminds me of the stories that David Sedaris tells.

Comment

Working...
                          X