Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I've been MIA because:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been MIA because:

2 days after DH defended his dissertation, our friggin' house flooded!!! The shut off valve on our downstairs bathroom toilet broke and water went all over the lower level. We caught it pretty quickly, but the insurance company sent out the emergency water restoration team. Once they started ripping up baseboards, they found mold, so there must have been a slow leak we weren't aware of. They've now ripped up all our wood laminate flooring and ceramic tile. We didn't have any carpet downstairs.

We lived out of suitcases and hotels for about a week, and now we've found a nice 3 bedroom furnished apartment that has a month to month tenancy. Insurance adjuster expects it'll be another 6 weeks before contractors can replace all the flooring, drywall, bathroom vanity, and cabinet toe kicks.

What a nightmare!!!! Just when I thought we were getting some sense of normal back into our lives....

At least we have insurance and so far they're being pretty good about covering everything. It just amazes me how much damage a $20 plumbing part can cause! :huh:

Now I'm off to go catch up on the zillion posts I'm behind on! I've had Imsn withdrawls!
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Re: I've been MIA because:

Oh. Charlene.

OMG.

:thud:

I am so sorry.

You win the prize for this month!!!!!!!!!!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
      Oh. Charlene.

OMG.

:thud:

I am so sorry.

You win the prize for this month!!!!!!!!!!

Kris
      what she said...what a headache!!

Comment

How terrible! I hope they clean it up and repair it quickly. Sorry for the upheaval of your family.
        Needs

Comment

how awful! I'm glad your insurance is covering things, and I hope the repairs go smoothly.

Comment

oh no! :thud:
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

do you have a special flood insurance for that? Or just basic homeowners covers it?

What a disaster!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Oh. No. That is horrible! I'm glad the insurance company is being so helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
                  do you have a special flood insurance for that? Or just basic homeowners covers it?

What a disaster!
                  Thank goodness it's covered by my basic homeowners, because it would never have occured to me to buy flood insurance in the desert!

I'm just crossing my fingers that the insurance company continues to be pleasant and I have decent luck with the contractors.

The funny thing is before all hell broke loose, I had spent the day removing my kitchen cabinet doors and sanding them because I intended to paint them the next day. I bought my house new 8 years ago and my cabinets are an ugly dated color, that I didn't even see anymore at Home Depot. I'm crossing my fingers that since they had to take out all the toe kicks, we won't be able to find the matching color to replace them with, so I'll get new cabinets. It also doesn't hurt too bad that my deductible is only $250.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Hey....I'm crossing my fingers for you about the new cabinets too! I'm telling you that the best part about our floor disaster was getting upgraded flooring.

I'm glad your deductible was reasonable too. Hopefully, they will be able to fix this sooner than later.

Kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hope you are home (with new cabinets!) soon!
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X