Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts

I love Peets!

We had a coffee shop in the NW not too far away that sold it. It had horrible parking though so we always hit it on walks.

Peets is YUMMY!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Wasn't Peets bought out by Starbucks?

Jenn

Comment

Thankfully, no.

Starbucks does NOT own Peets. The original owner of Starbucks bought Peets. He is in no way involved with the current Starbucks. That is one of the reasons that Starbucks is so substandard. A large franchise bought them about a year before the Starbucks owner bought Peets ( he had a year non compete).
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I think Starbucks is not just about the coffee. It's the ambience that makes it what it is and I think that's what separates itself from DD and McDonalds. Caribou is nice because it has a kids area.

Comment

Hey - and I'm pretty sure you'll only see this in Kansas -- we have coffee shop attached to a CHURCH. It's open regular coffee shop hours, and it's got a huge kids area.

Comment

This is kind of funny, but it just occurred to me that we ran out of Tchibo and have Dunkin' Donuts brand coffee in the house right now!

I don't know why I felt the need to mention it.

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                I've never had DD put I prefer Caribou over Starbucks.
                I prefer Caribou over Starbucks too!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                  Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                  I've never had DD put I prefer Caribou over Starbucks.
                  I prefer Caribou over Starbucks too!
                  Oh man, Caribou is practically the only coffee I can't drink, because it tastes burnt to me. :huh:
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

It's funny that we all have such diff. coffee tastes!

Comment

I have no idea what Caribou is, I don't think I've ever seen one. DH and I have similar coffee tastes in that we both like it strong, but he takes it as esspresso (I think residency triples and quads had something to do with it) and I prefer regular or latte.

Comment

I only like coffee flavored beverages. I like Starbucks because I know what to order (white chocolate mocha), and it has a drive-thru. I only indulge once every couple of months. The woman I babysit for gave me a gift card to Satrbucks for my trip, though. I will definitely be using it. I wonder if that drink has as much caffeine as a can of coke, or even more sugar. I don't really want to know though.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                          Two words: Caffe Ladro
                          Did you have to say that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                            I've fallen far. Dunkin' donuts reigns supreme here. Even more so than Chicago if you can imagine that. The coffee battle is lost here.
                            Do you drink it?

I'm surprised to hear that Caribou has a kids' area. There just aren't many children in my neighborhood in Chicago.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! If you vouch for it, I'm looking into it-- for a detailed Christmas wish list...

Does it work with the coffee pods from other retailiers?-- I've had some Starbucks pods before for an espresso machine we used to have. Or do you have to buy the pods from them?

I still love my French press :mydoc: but for just one cup of coffee, I don't like the smaller French Press and French Pressed coffee gets really bitter if it sits in a carafe-- best to drink it straight from the press!

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
                                When looking at potential houses, I check the "proximity to Starbucks" marker.
                                DH used "The Starbucks Test" for narrowing down his match list. Seriously. All three of his top choices have one inside the hospital. I'd like to think it's only a coincidence that his #1 choice is the hospital where they use free Starbucks as a doc recruitment perk. No wonder DH is being voted "Most Likely to Die of a Caffeine Induced MI". (No, I'm not joking...)

Originally posted by poky
                                Hee! I'm going to date myself, here, but my sixth grade teacher was visiting his mother in Yakima the weekend St. Helens blew.
                                I was 5 when it happened and we were visiting some friends of my grandparents who lived on a nearby mountain top. (SW of the mountain, I think near Yacolt or Amboy.) We were actually watching the stupid thing go off through binoculars from their house. When my grandparents finally realized that this was HUGE, we got the heck out of there. Um, duh.

Originally posted by alison
                                The wind was unfortunately blowing south when Mt. St. Helens blew. I thought Portland got most of the ash.
                                I was raised near Portland and it wasn't too bad that south of the moutain. We had to wear dust masks anytime we drove anywhere in the car for a couple weeks, though. It was FAR worse up in Stevenson/Carson. IIRC, Spokane had almost a total blackout because of it. I'm pretty sure the winds were heading east because all of the horror stories we heard were mainly east of the mountain or RIGHT by it.

Oh, and back to the topic; I'm a total coffee snob. Being born and bred in the PNW, I'm partial to Starbucks. Living for so many years near Portland I mourned the closing of Coffee People. (Black Tiger mocha....mmmmmm. Elixir of the gods, I say.) DH's school discount at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has broadened my views a bit, but I'm still a Starbucks gal. Walking into one usually makes me feel like I'm back in the PNW.

Comment

Working...
                                X