Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

laptop issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop issues...

so my mom gives me her old laptop which is an HP that is basically a newer model than the one I have already. Mine is over 4 years old. Only problem is hers freezes up. So just took her RAM memory and put it in my computer and mine performed much better. Then month later, my fans die. Last weekend had geek squad swap the fans so my computer still running like a champ. Yesterday, my stupid mouse touchpad button broke off. I guess I could drag'em both in and for another $60 swap out the mousepads...but afraid that as soon as I do it, something else will go....There is already a crack in the plastic hinge of the screen.

Might have to pull the trigger on a new one. That was the original plan, but decided if I could repair this for under $100 I would....now regretting being cheap in the first place...

What would you do? Repair the dinosaur or just upgrade. We do have a nice tax return coming and that govt. rebate check...

Husband of an amazing female physician!

Re: laptop issues...

Buy a new one- you know that they end up costing you as much as a new one would after all of the repairs anyway. Besides, the newer ones can handle more and more 'stuff'.

Jenn

Comment

And laptops are so cheap these days!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

went with a decent sony vaio that is pretty cheap after rebate...

now I gotta spend eternity getting all the stuff transferred...

Comment

Let me know how that works, if you could. We may be in the market for a new laptop (DH's is... I think 9 years old! )
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

love this computer. i have been on it all day long, not exaggerating. DW is studying, I have work to do, but procrastinating as usual and happy as a clam with my new toy.

went to circuit city... there really is no reason to pay more than $700 on a laptop...can get really cheap acer's for less than $500...

Comment

Working...
            X