Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your favorite Las Vegas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Las Vegas...

hotel?!

Dh loves it there. LOVES IT. :huh: They don't have this kind of kitsch where he comes from.

He wants to go for a couple of days at the end of this month (2 of us, flights, hotel, 3 nights for under 1000! ).

Any favorites?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: What is your favorite Las Vegas...

I like Mandalay but I've never stayed there on my own dime, its probably pretty pricey. If you go mid week sometimes you can find good deals on the pricier hotels unless its a holiday or sprong break.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
      I like Mandalay but I've never stayed there on my own dime, its probably pretty pricey. If you go mid week sometimes you can find good deals on the pricier hotels unless its a holiday or sprong break.
      We've stayed at the Mandalay Bay. The rooms are great there! The wave pool is stuuuuupid (the reason we wanted to stay there - yes, we are adults!), but the lazy river is awesome - you get pushed along in a river in an inner tube. So relaxing! Did you hang out at the pool, Cheri?

We've also stayed at Caesar's Palace and the Mirage. I like the topless pool area at Caesar's Palace. Hot tubs are stupid if you have to wear swim stuff. Of course back then I wasn't ashamed about my body.

Comment

We got a good deal at the MGM when we went. Of course, someday I'd like to stay at the Bellagio, if only because it's non-smoking thing makes my husband very happy.

Jenn

Comment

Bellagio is beginning to show it's age. I've stayed there in the past 3 years and don't see what all the rage is about. I want to try one of the newer ones when we go down in September. Friday and Saturday nights are the most expensive, so try to go midweek if you can. I really didn't like Ceasars, it just felt so worn out and cheap. Mirage wasn't bad but that was years ago. The older hotels will be cheaper, it might also be less to stay right off the strip. It can be $30-60 less per night and the cab to the strip and back will be $10-15. I'm looking into Westin for our September trip.

Food & Wine ran an article a few months ago about best restaurants in Vegas. I'll see if I can find it on their website.

Comment

We stayed at the Tropicana when I was seven months pg. Really I think a motel 8 would have been nicer. It was dirty, seedy, dated and threadbare. But we still had fun
            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We got married at the Bellagio 7 years ago, and have enjoyed staying there since; haven't in several years, though. Wynn is the new high-end from what I've seen (we saw a show there a couple years ago and wandered around a bit; very hoity), but it's a fair hike from the heart of the strip (though maybe one of the trams goes there?). I've stayed in NY, NY several times (because it's cheap and decent and in the middle of everything), and enjoyed that just fine, and we also stayed at Aladdin (before it became the..is it Planet Hollywood now, or Hard Rock? One of those; across from Bellagio), and was happy with it, too. For sheer spectacle, the time we spent in a lakeside room at Bellagio was probably the best; watching the water show from above is pretty cool.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

The Bellagio is my favorite, and you might be able to get a good weekday deal since it's off season. Just FYI, its still cold in Vegas at the end of March, so the pool might not make a difference anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                  it just felt so worn out and cheap.
                  Isn't what Vegas and the hotels are all about?
                  I agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by locumtenenswife
                    The Bellagio is my favorite, and you might be able to get a good weekday deal since it's off season. Just FYI, its still cold in Vegas at the end of March, so the pool might not make a difference anyway.
                    I think that's pretty relative, coming to Vegas from NY in March, I thought it was hot. As in bathing suit hot. I haven't tried the pool but did get some sunbathing done.

Comment

I've only sat by the pools, one year they weren't open b/c we were there late February/early March. The other year they weren't open until our last day and we didn't have time. They're very nice looking pools though.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We stayed in a newly renovated room in the Flamingo...the rooms were very nice and high-tech! There was even a TV in the bathroom!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                          Originally posted by locumtenenswife
                          I think that's pretty relative, coming to Vegas from NY in March, I thought it was hot. As in bathing suit hot. I haven't tried the pool but did get some sunbathing done.
                          We got married in Vegas at the end of March...it was in the 80s and gorgeous. It probably varies quite a bit year to year, though.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

We're booking a package today. Dh is post call and we deserve a little retail therapy. I'm bringing swim stuff - 50-degree weather will feel balmy to me. They'd better have the pools all filled up.

Comment

Originally posted by jagraves
                              We stayed in a newly renovated room in the Flamingo...the rooms were very nice and high-tech! There was even a TV in the bathroom!
                              We did this as well last summer. It was gorgeous. We got upgraded to a suite, and they were very modern and had 3 flat screens. The prices are very reasonable, and they do have a european topless pool area.

Have fun!
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X