Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shower Drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower Drama

So, my sister in law is getting married in May. I am not in the wedding, but have been posted of the "goings on" of the bridal party via my MIL. My MIL is the most organized, OCD, planning-type personality you'll ever meet. I've probably caused her much heartache...

Anyway, there has been some "drama" about the shower invites. The shower is going to be held at my MIL's house in early April. The maid-of-honor is in charge of the invitations. Now my MIL being overly organized is getting somewhat stressed that the shower invites haven't gone out yet. She's been calling around to her friends and myself to ask if we've received the invite. Well, apparently, the MOH told my MIL that the invites went out last week....well of course you know my MIL would be checking up on this...and no one has received an invite yet...which has been causing some stress

Well lo and behold I received my invite yesterday...a beautifully printed card with directions, registry cards, etc...
    Unfortunately, the Bride's name is spelled wrong...

I'm sorry, but I had to giggle. My MIL is probably freaking! I'm going to pretend I didn't notice...
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Re: Shower Drama

The bride-- as in your MIL's daughter?

Oh man.... I think I'd be freaking out if I were your MIL! It's kind of "her party" since it's at her house. :huh:

All in all, it's something that they'll all *perhaps* be able to laugh about a few years down the road!

Weddings are so stressful.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Just tell her they are making memories!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug122
        Unfortunately, the Bride's name is spelled wrong...
        Like how bad spelled wrong...as in instead of Michelle it is Michel or instead of Jamy it is Jamie?? I ask because although you and the family may notice it, others may not. :huh:
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Medpedspouse, you're right. Actually the misspelling isn't that drastic, an "e" where an "i" should have been. Most people won't notice. Apparently, the bridesmaids didn't
          Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Working...
          X