Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Halloween Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Plans?

Are any of you doing something fun for Halloween? Are you dressing up and as what? I am just curious to see what y'all are doing.

Russ is on call so I am in charge of getting the kids all ready and on their way. We have a great neighborhood for trick-or-treating (so I have been told). We have a policeman in the neighborhood and he patrols the whole evening. I have a small subdivision so I think the kids will have fun.

We are also going to our church for a "trunk or treat" where people decorate their cars and hand out candy in the parking lot. They also have a maze for the kids to crawl through and games for the younger kids. It is a great way to keep kids safe.

I don't know if I will dress up yet or not ....

I would love to hear everone's plans.

Robin

My group home of people with Prader-Willi is hosting a party on the 30th for the other 10 group homes. They are all so excited- I've been signing purchase requests for costimes for the last three weeks. Because the hosts have Prader-Willi- we are getting really creative with the menus-

We are allowing hamburgers, and then my nurse is making sugar-free cookies using that Splenda stuff, I'm bringing Baked Lays and Baked Doritos, we're having fruit and veggies trays and than sugar free jello jigglers.

The poor P-W guys are going to have to really limit their intake for the two days prior so they don't gain on Halloween. (Most are on 1500 calorie diets- up from the 1000 calorie diet they've been on- once they lost twenty-five pounds, they can increase their calorie to 1200 and then if they lost another 25 they can go up to 1500 and if they get down to their IBW they can have a 'regular' diet. )

On the actual day of Halloween, we'll just hand out candy- if there are any kids- our neighborhood has mostly older people and teenagers.

Jenn

Comment

We went to the "Zoo Boo" last weekend. Now my son goes up to everyone and implores "Trick Or Treat" in the off chance that they may have candy. This weekend we are going to our parenting group Halloween party at a local elementary school gym.

I have been an elf for about 10 years now. I have the entire costume and it works for both Christmas (I used to help Santa out in college) and Halloween. Probably lame but we're on a budget!

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I finally got my costume over the weekend. I'm going as a butterfly. I'm wearing all black (skirt, tights, gloves, boots), butterfly wings, a white wig (just for fun) and antennae. I'm going to have silver glitter makeup.

My exact plans are TBD...but it's looking like a girls' night out! I have a friend's happy hour party after work and then we'll probably hit our favorite bar.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!!!

Comment

I am not planning on dressing up, but either my husband or I will be taking Anakin Skywalker, the Red Ranger, and a cow (if it is not too cold) out to make the rounds. Seriously, the high here on Halloween is supposed to be 45 degrees -- I know that may seem balmy to those of you up north, but ever since I have had a kid old enough to trick or treat, I have been used to warmer weather on Halloween. So we'll see what happens -- all that candy will probably be pretty motivating to the kids.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

We are entertaining a duckling at our house for halloween. Not the ugly duckling. We will attempt some trick or treating and probably passing out some candy. We went to a Halloween party today for the mom's group I belong to and that was fun to watch my duck mingle with clowns, lady bugs and various animals. The funniest part was trying to arrange a group photo with about 20 kids under the age of 4.

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

Working...
            X