Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

calling 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling 911

ds was holding my cell. even tho it's on the lock down mode...911 still works!! UG! they just called me to tell me they got a hang up call, and asked if everything was alright.

well, atleast they're reliable.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: calling 911

I did that once while shopping!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
      I did that once while shopping!
      You were supposed to dial Vishenka for a shopping emergency!

This hasn't happened to me yet... I think I would die of embarrassment.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

It's happened to us -- several times.

Jacob called 911 when we lived in Cleveland. He was around 3 years old and playing w/the phone. They called back to confirm the hang-up, and when I said nothing was wrong, they told me they'd still dispatched officers b/c they'd heard swearing in the background. Uh - no they didn't. Star Wars was on -- no one swears in that, and dh and I do not walk around swearing like sailors.

Quinn called 911 while we still lived in Cleveland. That time I caught it and got on the phone and apologized.

One or the other called 911 shortly after we moved here ... and I caught it.

And then ... the best one ... last summer our neighbors were having a party, I'd gone out shopping, and dh was at the party / watching the boys (they'd been playing outside when I left, and the party was a bbq - so outdoors as well). Apparently the boys got tired and wanted to watch a movie, so dh set them up in the living room, and returned to our neighbor's garage (literally the VERY next house). Quinn decided he wanted to talk to dh, but was "afraid of Big Tim's friends", so he called 911 instead. It was not a rowdy or scary crowd at all. The crusier pulled into our driveway as my husband was standing in my neighbor's garage. He ran over, followed by Tim & Erin (the neighbors), to find the boys sitting on the couch watching a movie. The cop said "That's okay - I have kids. I know how it is." I came home and was FURIOUS w/dh. I was worried we were going to end up on some list or something. We've had lots of talks about EMERGENCY situations since then.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh. It's never happened to us, but I'm sure baby Kenny will be the one to change that. Heck, he hung up on the nurse from his ped's office today when she was calling to check on him. I know, that's what I get for letting a baby play with my cell phone.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
          X