Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Monday

today has been a horrible day. i've been pacing around my office like a crazy person since 8am waiting for the phone call..

but we matched!

we got a little crazy with the wine while making the rank list and didnt rank 3 programs (would rather not live with a fear of being mugged all the time..) and we've been freaking out about that decision for three weeks. but i guess it worked out!

Laura

Comment

Originally posted by poky
      :stars:

Congrats!

Best of luck for Thursday!
      What she said!

Congrats guys!

(Please please please be open minded about WHERE you match on your list!)
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Agreed! I am wide open. I am not even thinking about the top three, I'm focused on four and five, those are the two that wouldn't be my favorite so I am thinking about those!

I am just glad that we matched and have that hurdle jumped!

Comment

Gosh - my eyes tear up just thinking about all of you this week. We were supposed to be matching too, but dh got really sick and had to take a year off. So, we will be in these shoes in 2009.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you get the best match for you and yours!
          Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool
            Gosh - my eyes tear up just thinking about all of you this week. We were supposed to be matching too, but dh got really sick and had to take a year off. So, we will be in these shoes in 2009.

That must be really hard. Next year will be all the sweeter for you when you match because of this challenge. I hope your dh is doing well.

Comment

Congrats on matching gang! To 2nd what Flynn said just know now that Thursday is out of your hands, enjoy it!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We matched! What a sigh of relief. DH did not rank very many places, so I was worried for a while and thinking of the what if's - but we matched!!!

Comment

Congratulations, matchers! And good luck to any scramblers! Either way, here's hoping you all land in your own personal Shangri-La's! I'm excited for you guys.
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congratulations!

Oh, those days until Thursday...pass the Tums.

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious
                      Congratulations, matchers! And good luck to any scramblers! Either way, here's hoping you all land in your own personal Shangri-La's! I'm excited for you guys.

Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

AWESOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by monadatter
                          Originally posted by HouseofWool

That must be really hard. Next year will be all the sweeter for you when you match because of this challenge. I hope your dh is doing well.
                          DH is doing great. We are so ready to be done with things and are starting to plan for residency.

end hijack

Good luck everyone!
                          Kris

Comment

Here I am, clueless AGAIN.

I read the title to this thread, and...got all excited because I assumed someone else was worried about the anticipated performance of the US securities markets, after JPM's fire sale acquisition of Bear Sterns over the weekend. The overseas markets on Sunday night closed a hard down, sending the US futures to the floor. (To anyone who missed it, the Dow ended UP today, after all the hullabulloo--not to say, though, that it suggests greater stability, esp. in light of Lehman Bros's expected quarterly tomorrow...).

OK, how totally self-aborbed am I???

Anyhow...CONGRATS to all who now know they matched...and GOOD LUCK with the particulars on Thursday!!

Comment

Congratulations and good luck on Thursday!!
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

for those of you that matched...how are you getting through the next agonizing 45 hours? (it's sad i've got it down to the minute). i'm pretty much driving everyone at my office insane....i need something to get me through this time frame!

Laura

Comment

Working...
                                X