Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas...

I filled the tank for $3.23 per gallon at ARCO. Here in Oregon ARCO's gas is the cheapest and I'm really not sure why.
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Is it cash only? The ARCO near us has low prices (probably lowest?) but I think they only take cash.

Comment

Most ARCOs that we've gone to only take cash or add a surcharge of 45 cents if using a credit card. However, the ARCO I went to this morning takes credit cards and does not add a surcharge. It's a little gem we discovered recently. It costs a little more than the other ARCO in town (I drove by that one this morning and it was $3.19 per gallon), but w/o the surcharge it's worth it to us. We prefer to use credit because we get 2% cash back on our credit card for gas purchases.
        Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

$3.41 today. I cannot afford this. I cannot imagine if we were living on minimum wage, or in medical school again trying to pay this much. It's hard enough now!

Something has to be done. This is going to be devestating to so many American workers.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

It really is starting to impact American behavior. I was listening to a report that said that despite the housing slump, homes in areas near public transportation or job centers are doing well overall.

I'm combining errands even more than I already did and if I can walk someplace, even if it's slightly longer than a normal walk, I will.

I'm also cooking more at each meal to ensure that there are leftovers for work lunches. and I'm buying exactly what I need based off a pre-planned menu so that 1) I don't have to drive to the store for a forgotten item and 2) I'm not paying out the yingyang for food that will ultimately go bad or will not be used immediately.

and if I have to buy something- I'm on the internet. They can bring it to me.

Jenn

Comment

It's been between $3.50 here and $3.70. Needless to say, I've been driving a lot less.

Comment

Our driving habits have changed.

We put Andrew on the bus and it is saving us a lot of money in gas. Still, last night when I filled up, I spent 3.69/gallon. At least we're using less gas! We have put the kabosh on weekend trips right now too. It's just getting too expensive, especially considering the price of food items is going up now too.

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I spent 3.99 for diesel last week. I have not had to fill up but I have seen places that now have it for 4:15!!!

At least I do not have to fill up but every 3 weeks - now i am trying to stretch it out for a month.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

We're at $3.42 and this weekend was NOT cheap, we put close to 2,000 miles on the car.
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't want to talk about it. We're paying more than all of you...
                      Again, so glad we got rid of my Jeep. So glad.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                      X